• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm a 33. I'm 47, 6'4, 275 lbs, and sling 175 lb pieces of steel around all day, a lot, if not most, of the younger guys who I work with, cannot do what I do. So, meh.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nothing I already didn't know. I am fatter than a Somalian.

National Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 63% of males aged 60-69 in your country
    Global Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 93% of males aged 60-69 in the world

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Obesity Index
    24bmi

You have a lower BMI than 87% of males aged 45-59 in your country

You have a lower BMI than 59% of males aged 45-59 in the world

I am not overweight. Most health/fitness type groups don't want me around since the purpose is usually to lose weight and I am trying to gain some weight.

I think the focus should be on weight management, exercise and eating right. Then we could all play. :)

Afterall, diets don't work long term. Never have, never will. What will work is a change in lifestyle. A permanent change, not "I'll deprive myself of the things I like for a period of time to lose some weight". That is too hard and no fun.

Most overweight peoples problems begin with portion size. It is easy to observe. Overweight people consume more food than their thinner counterparts do.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Currently at 29 BMI. Survey said that my BMI is lower than 73% of other males aged 45-59 in my country.

Was down to 26 BMI back in the summer. Lots of bike riding and eating right, help keep my weight in check. Will get a workout today shoveling snow.

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    I'm 5'8" and weigh 220# as of right now. With a BMI of 33 and it said You have a higher BMI than 79% of males
    aged 45-59 in your country and You have a higher BMI than 97% of males aged 45-59 in the world.
    You're most like someone from Micronesia.

Now at my target weight of 180 it shows a BMI of 27, still obese. You have a lower BMI than 66% of males
    aged 45-59 in your country and You have a higher BMI than 72% of males aged 45-59 in the world.
    You're most like someone from Libya!

Lets see go from 220 to 180 and loose 40 pounds almost 20% and still over "overweight" or "obese".

Wow, I guess its not realistic.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    BMI is largely useless. According to the BMI scale all body builders are obese. If you are fit and lift weights BMI is just not accurate.

You just have to realize body mass isn't the same as body fat. Otherwise for the sake of the discussion bmi is important as I believe its more about showing the access to calories people have in different countries.

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    Capture.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    With my mobility issues I've gone from a sixpack to a full case, but at fighting weight I'm well into obese even though I sink in water. To get down below obese I'd have to lose a good bit of muscle mass, which I have a hard time considering healthy. I'm of the opinion that the BMI was developed and heavily skewed downward to use as a rhetorical weapon against US people, to pad the obesity statistics, and ultimately as a punitive measure for the government run healthcare the fascist leftards have always wanted and assumed they would eventually get.

Top Bottom