• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did our first 5K today, finished in the middle of the pack. I had no illusion of finishing near the front, so I'm chalking it up as a victory. We had fun, and plan to do it again next year. The 5k was in a state park, so we did a 6 mile hike afterwards. Now I'm tired.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Made a bet that I could loose 100lbs by July 4th $300 wish me luck, and if I do I'm also gonna enlist in the army, I hate me job atleast I get paid to shoot automatic weapons and no more **** from co workers

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Did our first 5K today, finished in the middle of the pack. I had no illusion of finishing near the front, so I'm chalking it up as a victory. We had fun, and plan to do it again next year. The 5k was in a state park, so we did a 6 mile hike afterwards. Now I'm tired.

Nice! 5k is probably my favorite distance. Glad you enjoyed it!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    @mcgrease08 lol nope just gonna work out hard, if I can get close ill be happy just a fun bet,
    In my humble medical opinion, it really isn't healthy unless you are on "the biggest loser" and getting lab work done daily to make sure your body mechanisms don't go all out of whack. They don't show you THAT side of the show.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Completed my 7 sessions of personal training at the local YMCA last Saturday. Started using the 25 sessions that I purchased this week.. Did one on Tuesday and one yesterday. Unfortunately, next week I will only be able to train on Saturday, but I hoep to be able to work out at home and while Im on the road.

Also focused on recording food intake via My Fitness Pal ap. Got Monday through yesterday in for all meals. Its pretty easy to use and has focused me more on what and how much I eat. Since it syncs with the fitness tracking aps I use, it seems to give me pretty good guidance as to how much. Targeting a 500 cal/day deficit, which does not seem too hard as long as I am getting at least 30 to 60 minutes of exercise in.

I also have a Withings scale at home for weight. It automatically syncs with my iphone and transfers the weight to the fitness apps to keep me current.

Results for last week were very positive for me. I will hold of on posting details until I have a couple of weeks in just to make sure its not an anomaly!

Overall goal si to lose 100# but I'm not too concerned with the time frame as long as I'm averaging 1 or 2#'s a week.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Made a bet that I could loose 100lbs by July 4th $300 wish me luck, and if I do I'm also gonna enlist in the army, I hate me job atleast I get paid to shoot automatic weapons and no more **** from co workers

I've lost 53 lbs since late December. It was tough, I've worked hard to do it, putting myself through something similar to boot camp. I did what I did under doctor supervision, I went over everything I had planned with my Dr, and got approval that it was safe, and realistic.

Just be careful in what you do, or you could do some serious damage.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Good luck, Hawkeye. I could lose 100 also, but don't know if I have it in me. I might settle for another 30-50.
    Actually, if the body comp #'s that I have are correct and Lean mass stays constant, I think a 60 - 75 # loss would be more than acceptable. Frankly if I get to that range, I would be VERY happy. I'll have to see how it goes.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    So who here actually utilizes the rowing machines at their establishment of choice? I had to start slow (knee, back, and shoulder issues) but i'll be damned if that thing isnt just straight amazing...

30:11 for time
    6802 meters
    408 calories burned

That was my warm up but i cant believe how much losing 15 pounds (half of my goal) has helped everything.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    So who here actually utilizes the rowing machines at their establishment of choice? I had to start slow (knee, back, and shoulder issues) but i'll be damned if that thing isnt just straight amazing...

30:11 for time
    6802 meters
    408 calories burned

That was my warm up but i cant believe how much losing 15 pounds (half of my goal) has helped everything.

That's great, I never thought that it could burn that much. It takes me 1 hour on a tread mill @ 4 MPH with a incline from 0-4 incline pattern to burn a little over 400. Looks like I may have to give it a try.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. Its awesome. I have pretty severe back issues as well and i have been able to work up to that. Plus when i do it right it increases my range of motion for just about everything.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Rode 20.5 miles today on my bike, back started to hurt about mile 13. I want to get a bike like this eventually.

Hase-KettWiesel-AL-rd.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's great, I never thought that it could burn that much. It takes me 1 hour on a tread mill @ 4 MPH with a incline from 0-4 incline pattern to burn a little over 400. Looks like I may have to give it a try.
    Rowing machines are evil and fantastic workouts. You work your legs, core, and arms. The only worse machine is the Schwinn Aerodyne....those are the DEVIL!!!!

Top Bottom