• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I always have a hard time buying running shoes. Brooks makes really good ones though :thumbsup:

I just picked up some new ones for the year as well, I found some Sauconys on sale.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I always have a hard time buying running shoes. Brooks makes really good ones though :thumbsup:

I just picked up some new ones for the year as well, I found some Sauconys on sale.

Awesome. My oldest son runs in Saucony's.

I pronate kinda badly and the Brooks seem to help with that. I usually buy from Runner's Forum and they put you in different shoes and watch you run, then make a recommendation on what they see. I always end up in Brooks.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Awesome. My oldest son runs in Saucony's.

I pronate kinda badly and the Brooks seem to help with that. I usually buy from Runner's Forum and they put you in different shoes and watch you run, then make a recommendation on what they see. I always end up in Brooks.
    Oh, that's good to know. I'll have to go there for my next pair. Thanks for the info

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I need a new pair of running shoes. I have been using a pair of Nikes that I have had for 5 years now...

Yikes! Those are probably broken down enough that you're not getting any support at all. They're not all that pricey, I scooped my new ones up for about $60

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I found mine on Amazon. There are lots of shoes on there that the price varies a lot depending on the colors. So if you don't care about the colors (which, they're running shoes so...) you can get a steal on some.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI

Not to get overly technical, but "pronate" simply is how a runner's foot rolls medially between footfall and toe-off. Underpronation is when the foot rolls outwards, overpronation is when it rolls inwards, and a neutral pattern is when little rolling occurs.

-Yeah, I stole that from a website.

That said, I overpronate and am a big fan of Asics GT-1000's. I burn thru shoes much too fast for Brooks. Tried the Brooks Ravenna 4's but they didn't have enough heel padding for me. Asics are a nice, smooth, dependable shoe without breaking the bank. But there's no perfect shoe out there, so if you find one you like stick with it.

I never thought of looking at Amazon.
    Buy your first pair at a running store, then search Amazon for replacements. 2 years ago I found my Asics for $43 on Amazon in this weird black/green combo. I bought 4 of them at once. Now the price is back in the $70 range.

If you know what you want and are willing to seek it out there are deals to be found!

shoes.jpg

Last edited:

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Not to get overly technical, but "pronate" simply is how a runner's foot rolls medially between footfall and toe-off. Underpronation is when the foot rolls outwards, overpronation is when it rolls inwards, and a neutral pattern is when little rolling occurs.

-Yeah, I stole that from a website.

Well then, you should give it back because it is not correct. Pronation is the inward roll of the foot. The outward roll is called "supination". Which makes sense since "prone" refers to face down as in the prone position. Supine is face up.

What is Pronation and Supination?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well then, you should give it back because it is not correct. Pronation is the inward roll of the foot. The outward roll is called "supination". Which makes sense since "prone" refers to face down as in the prone position. Supine is face up.

Yep, this is correct. I am a pronator. My feet roll inward.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Here are a few really good Yeager videos. I learned a few things I'd never heard about. They're definitely worth a look.

[video=youtube;oMO6lzeiuAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMO6lzeiuAE[/video]

[video=youtube;qiGPCgzTsuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiGPCgzTsuo[/video]

[video=youtube;c1cGyTTxmas]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1cGyTTxmas[/video]

[video=youtube;dN0z7EHIRDE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN0z7EHIRDE[/video]

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI

Any body else have references? The website I took it from is Asics.com. Here's runnersworld confirming it. They use "supination" also - but it seems that everyone pronates. The issue is do you over or under (supination)

I'm sure stretchcoach.com is a fine source for running, but I'll stick to Asics and Runnersworld.
    Pronation | Runner's World & Running Times

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I found mine on Amazon. There are lots of shoes on there that the price varies a lot depending on the colors. So if you don't care about the colors (which, they're running shoes so...) you can get a steal on some.

I never thought of looking at Amazon.

Buy your first pair at a running store, then search Amazon for replacements.

That's exactly what I did. I did find out that the numbers/styles will change a bit over time, but are still close. And my size, 17 wide, makes shoes a whole lot cheaper on Amazon then at stores. I have to drive to North Webster to a store that carries shoes my size.

If anybody runs in New Balances, try Joe's New Balance Outlet New Balance Outlet Shoe Store

I like New Balance because they come in widths.

Same here. I have size 17 EE feet, so I really need wide shoes.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's exactly what I did. I did find out that the numbers/styles will change a bit over time, but are still close. And my size, 17 wide, makes shoes a whole lot cheaper on Amazon then at stores. I have to drive to North Webster to a store that carries shoes my size.

17? Holy hell.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

17? Holy hell.

Note to self.... Don't pick a fight with cmr13. :laugh:

Top Bottom