• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Saturday: double session of yoga. Frickin' substitute teacher. 24 year old grad student from Purdue who treated it as pilates. Almost died.

Sunday: hill ride (big one on 50E by the Meijers and Faith Baptist). I went over the front of the handle bars, screws came loose. Almost died.

Monday: Contact drills mixed in with slam ball (very heavy, very dense medicine ball) sit ups. Did not die, punched in ear.

Tuesday: Crawl outs, hit tire with hammer and battle ropes rotation. Smoked, but not dead.

Wednesday: Sword drills, mixed in with slam ball sit ups. Did not cut myself with swords, very surprised.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Monday: Gym day-bench/deadlift/shoulders/abs
    Tuesday: 200 meter sprints/snatches afterwards
    Wednesday: 2 mile jog/c&j afterwards
    Thursday: Gym day-bench/squat/back/abs
    Friday: Beer day:D
    Saturday: 100 meter sprints
    Sunday: 1 mile run

Rinse and repeat.

TGIF!!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did a couple easy paced runs this week, and lots of push ups, ate around 2400-2900 calories each day, lots of carbs, lots of protein, still lost a few pounds. I'm having trouble finding the right balance of activity and food to maintain my goal of 195-200 lbs.

I did go to a local pizza place today and eat 3/4 of a large pizza and had a few beers, maybe I need to do that more often! :):

Bhart89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2015
    McCordsville
    Hi all, I just moved to IN (Indy) yesterday. I'm in temporary corporate housing for 60 days but I did join an Any Time Fitness today. They only have one squat rack so I'll have to find some odd times to workout to ensure I get rack time. I did 6 sets of squats today. That was enough to give my muscles a wake up call. I'm going to lift chest tomorrow (flat bench, dips and maybe incline Dumbbells.).

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Just an update on what I have done. I started working out when I was 19 and got into bodybuilding and power lifting until 22 years old. I competed a bit an dig ok. Well I got hooked on rodeo when I hit my junior year. Sadly I quit lifting weights and my diet totally went to hell. I also did not drink much before, but with rodeo I was drinking lots. Anyway I left college at about 290lbs. When I started college I was 189 and at top competition shape i was 217lbs at 6.7% bodyfat and just could not get it lower. I worked a desk job and ended up at about 360lbs. I finally started working out again at 39 this past May of 2014. My max bench press was like 185lbs for 4 reps.

I now am down to 325 and max bench 325. Many at my gym has noticed which strokes the ego. I dont really diet. I do drink two protein shakes per day and eat pretty much what I want including pizza and fast food. I dont eat haphazard. I get cheese pizza and dont eat a whole one myself. I also dont eat three double cheese burgers when I go out.

SO far I am happy with the results. My wife is sadly the obstacle. I am not sure if its self confidence issues after seeing old pictures of me or what, but she has no desire for me to have the mass and cuts I used to. I figure my goal is to be benching 400lbs by may or so of next year and hopefully be down to 300lbs or less.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Just an update on what I have done. I started working out when I was 19 and got into bodybuilding and power lifting until 22 years old. I competed a bit an dig ok. Well I got hooked on rodeo when I hit my junior year. Sadly I quit lifting weights and my diet totally went to hell. I also did not drink much before, but with rodeo I was drinking lots. Anyway I left college at about 290lbs. When I started college I was 189 and at top competition shape i was 217lbs at 6.7% bodyfat and just could not get it lower. I worked a desk job and ended up at about 360lbs. I finally started working out again at 39 this past May of 2014. My max bench press was like 185lbs for 4 reps.

I now am down to 325 and max bench 325. Many at my gym has noticed which strokes the ego. I dont really diet. I do drink two protein shakes per day and eat pretty much what I want including pizza and fast food. I dont eat haphazard. I get cheese pizza and dont eat a whole one myself. I also dont eat three double cheese burgers when I go out.

SO far I am happy with the results. My wife is sadly the obstacle. I am not sure if its self confidence issues after seeing old pictures of me or what, but she has no desire for me to have the mass and cuts I used to. I figure my goal is to be benching 400lbs by may or so of next year and hopefully be down to 300lbs or less.

Good for you! Ultimately you need to do what will make you happy with yourself. If you want to be jacked and bench a bunch, then do it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sunday: up in Starke Co. Failed to exercise

Monday: Worked late, no work out

Tuesday: stuck at Purdue for work, no work out

Wednesday: contact drills with crunches with medicine ball (which is called "The Asa"--I know not what that means). I did swords later (just drills and a form, no big deal, just like to do them so not to forget them)

Thursday: battle ropes, push ups on balance ball thingy, clean and jerk dumbbell and Asa toss, all the 30 second rounds for 50 minutes.

Saturday we are doing a bike ride in Indy.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I started dieting on July 1st and started walking for exercise on August 1st. Since I started I'm down 50lbs as of today. I've found that replacing my computer time with exercise has improved my quality of life a little. I sleep better, I stopped snoring, I stopped spending money on crap I didn't need online, when I drive my car my gut doesn't touch the steering wheel (it's close but it doesn't touch!).

I started at 465lbs, today I hit 415lbs (for the second time, but for the first time with food in my system and weighing in without food in your system is cheating).

August So Far (The mileage isn't accurate, when I walk 2 miles I actually walk 2.4, when I walk 3 it's 3.8, I'll be moving it up to 4 week after next and that will be 4.8. There's an additional .2 miles I tacked on to the far end of my outbound walk, because of that and doubling back on it I get an extra .4 miles every time I complete my "turn-around".)
    Week 1
    Mon - OFF; Tue - 2 miles; Wed - 2miles; Thur - OFF; Fri - 2miles; Sat - 2 miles; Sun - OFF

Week 2
    Mon - OFF; Tue - 2 miles; Wed - 2miles; Thur - OFF; Fri - 2miles; Sat - 2 miles; Sun - OFF

Week 3
    Mon - OFF; Tue - 3 miles; Wed - OFF; Thur - 3 miles; Fri - 3miles; Sat - 3 miles; Sun - OFF

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I started dieting on July 1st and started walking for exercise on August 1st. Since I started I'm down 50lbs as of today. I've found that replacing my computer time with exercise has improved my quality of life a little. I sleep better, I stopped snoring, I stopped spending money on crap I didn't need online, when I drive my car my gut doesn't touch the steering wheel (it's close but it doesn't touch!).

I started at 465lbs, today I hit 415lbs (for the second time, but for the first time with food in my system and weighing in without food in your system is cheating).

August So Far (The mileage isn't accurate, when I walk 2 miles I actually walk 2.4, when I walk 3 it's 3.8, I'll be moving it up to 4 week after next and that will be 4.8. There's an additional .2 miles I tacked on to the far end of my outbound walk, because of that and doubling back on it I get an extra .4 miles every time I complete my "turn-around".)
    Week 1

Week 2

Week 3
    Mon - OFF; Tue - 3 miles; Wed - OFF; Thur - 3 miles; Fri - 3miles; Sat - 3 miles; Sun - OFF

congrats! Losing 50#'s in 45 days is no mean feat. Averaging ~4000 calorie a day deficit would be quite challenging for most people.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I started at 465lbs, today I hit 415lbs (for the second time, but for the first time with food in my system and weighing in without food in your system is cheating

:yesway: GREAT JOB! As far as what weight is cheating I like to weigh myself every morning right after my morning #2. The body can fluctuate so much throughout the day based on food, water intake, sweat etc that right after your morning poo is when your body weighs what it weighs.

Even that can fluctuate though so trends are more important than any single reading. Anyway, You're doing a Fantastic job, keep it up!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We've been doing a lot of 4 exercise routines lately but today we broke it up by doing 45 minutes of gun disarms mixed in with slam ball throwing and crunches where one guy feeds the other.

It was handgun and long gun disarms, mostly from the front, but did the laterals, rear and rescues as well. Did not break any fingers . . . this time.:D

pfinley82

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frankton
    Well been a while since I posted. I started my journey on 01/29/2015 at 440lbs. I am down 80+ pounds. I have gained a ton of muscle too! I refuse to get on scale unless I am at Doctors office so i do not stress about it. I have taken up power lifting! I am starting to put up some good numbers. 315lb bench 425lb deadlift and 405lb squat today!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Did a 10.5 mile hike at O'Bannon woods today, with a 15 lb pack. Carried more than what I needed to get into shape for an early November trip to the Smoky Mtns. Next weekend we'll head up to Clifty Falls and do as many miles as we can.

Been holding steady weight wise, but eating a lot more lately, especially in the cooler weather, I spend a lot more time on the trails.
    Oh, and I've even doing some "carb loading" lately, too, I love the fall beers!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom