INGO gamers rejoice... an amazing ALIEN game!!!!!!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I said that a lot, so far, while playing... Alien Isolation is amazing!
    If you haven't heard anything about this game, check out some reviews (minus IGNs review, they must have had someone CoD player review it because most other reviewers are giving this game around 9/10), and maybe some early gameplay footage. It is a continuation of the original Alien movie, you play as Amanda Ripley (trying to discover what happened to your mother). It is dark, creepy, and a perfect horror/stealth/survival game. Heck, it was scary before you even know there is an alien (well i thought that it was scary until i actually encountered the alien... then not so much compared to that). Anyway, anyone who loves the Alien movies, and enjoys gaming, needs to add this game to your collection. I will say that you should play on the hardest setting (like I am, to really see what the AI is capable of).

Now, there are two reasons for this post....
    1. To make sure that this game is played by as many people as possible. It is such a great game, and needs to be recognized for how good it is.
    2. (and the main reason...I had to take a break, my heart is racing too much.) I just had my first encounter with the alien... and let me tell you, all those early DEV videos about the alien being crazy smart (listening for you, smelling you out, etc) are true... i sneaked past it, it walked around and then went into a ceiling vent, i moved again (closer to a door i needed to hack), it came out another ceiling vent, i moved into a wall vent ... waited there a few minutes because i heard it get closer, i moved slowly away from that side of the vent towards another small room.... well while doing that i heard it "smelling"... so either it smelled me or heard me crawling, but either way, it crawled into the vent after me... I shot it a few times with the few bullets i had, but it took them like a champ (but was bleeding from them) and killed me...

Needless to say, (that encounter being the first one out of many) I am both terrified of the alien and only can play so much of this at one time if it is always going to be like that, but also really love this game and it has me hooked. (plus playing in a dark room with dolby digital headphones doesnt help)

Also, did i mention reviewers have said this game takes 20ish hours to beat?!?!?!?!?

But, in short, INGO gamers.... this game is not only worth getting, it is something all fans of ALIEN, horror, survival, and stealth must play.

Also, here is a great review from PC gamer...
    Alien: Isolation review - PC Gamer

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I'm interested in it. I know I'll get some hate from this statement, but I actually liked Aliens Colonial Marines. Was it amazing? Not even close. But it was fun. And I only paid $5 for it

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I loved AvP and AvP2 way back in the day. I even won a free copy of AvP2 back in like '99 and got a plastic facehugger and a poster with it. Those were the days! Might have to give this game a try, once it hits a nice Steam sale...

Top Bottom