• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Dont know if there are any other gearheads or drag racers on here but Lucas Oil Raceway has stopped the Indy Rage events because the NHRA determined they didnt want that event at their track and they forced the track leasing fees sky high. A lot of racers and fans were looking forward to his series of events some even built cars based on the rules and now it may not happen at all or at a farther away track.

Please if you would tell the NHRA and Lucas Oil Raceway about the huge mistake theyve made turning their back on racers and fans through their facebook or email.
    Thanks

:patriot:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Dont know if there are any other gearheads or drag racers on here but Lucas Oil Raceway has stopped the Indy Rage events because the NHRA determined they didnt want that event at their track and they forced the track leasing fees sky high. A lot of racers and fans were looking forward to his series of events some even built cars based on the rules and now it may not happen at all or at a farther away track.

Please if you would tell the NHRA and Lucas Oil Raceway about the huge mistake theyve made turning their back on racers and fans through their facebook or email.
    Thanks

:patriot:

link with more details please?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looking at the comments on the Indy Rage FB page (https://www.facebook.com/indyrage), the NHRA wanted to raise the usage fee at IRP (ORP, Lucas Oil, or whatever it is called this season) by about $5K per race, and the owner/coordinator of RAGE said no and cancelled the series.

Too bad, I guess. I'm not a racer, but I'd prefer the track stay busy. Lots of cash flows into the community from the Raceway.

awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Looking at the comments on the Indy Rage FB page (https://www.facebook.com/indyrage), the NHRA wanted to raise the usage fee at IRP (ORP, Lucas Oil, or whatever it is called this season) by about $5K per race, and the owner/coordinator of RAGE said no and cancelled the series.

Too bad, I guess. I'm not a racer, but I'd prefer the track stay busy. Lots of cash flows into the community from the Raceway.

NHRA raised it bc the Rage series is basically NHRA unleashed which NHRA decided not to pick up but some other guys did and got everyone excited about it and then NHRA got butthurt. Which is dumb bc NHRA detests heads up "streetcar" racing.

It was not just $5k either it was a whole list of crap they had to go through due to the NHRA. I know of alot of people coming in from out of town that would have probably spent a ton of money in IN.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Rage had 5 dates locked in starting May 12th. That's a lotta $ to cough up last minute. If NHRA really pulled this card this late they are a bunch of turds!

Top Bottom