• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    We have had two mass shooting in our Capital and in Chicago, Obama, is rattling his saber for more Gun Control. I have guns and like my guns, if someone would tell me how any new law will keep the guns out of the hands of the criminal or mentally ill. I just can't get my head around the idea that more laws will have any effect on these people. If I were a felon I don't think that I would give two thoughts about, if I were breaking the law. I just don't see the common sense in this thought process. I can see how more laws will control the population, in that the government could do what they wanted with the people without recourse. I am just trying to think through this process if we elect intelligent people why do they do stupid things or why are we so dumb to think that they know best and put them in office. Why don't we look more into the problem rather than the method. If drunk drivers kill people we go after the driver and not the car, where is the difference. Feel free to fix grammar been out of school a long time.

Sonney

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You are correct. There is no law that I can think of that felons bent on death and destruction would follow.

One example is a big gun running case that just went to court in northern Illinois. The bad guy bought about 100 guns at gun shows in Indiana and drove them to Illinois to sell to felons. This sounds bad, but dig into the case and you'll see that the guy buying the guns had no disqualifying history. In other words, he would have been allowed to buy, with a background check, through any FFL. The fact he bought at gun shows is the big news, but since he could have passed the background check, adding a "universal background check" would not have prevented this from happening.

He broke current laws by selling to felons (and transporting over state lines to do so). More background check laws would not have prevented it. Why more laws?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    ... if we elect intelligent people...

Feel free to fix [STRIKE]grammar[/STRIKE] spelling, been out of school a long time.

Sonney

Herein lies your difficulties. You assume we've elected intelligent and scrupulous individuals to office.

It's spelled Enlightenment

You are not wrong in supposing that more gun control will not diminish criminal acts.
    The gun is just the easiest "target" for those who would trade liberty for perceived security.

Top Bottom