• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Found this to be interesting. I'm more of a purist, so don't think they're for me. But I am definitely curious!

Heres the link: Recover Tactical Opinions??

[video=youtube;FeAYje1j-9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FeAYje1j-9M[/video]

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Haha, I was just getting ready to post about these, but did a search to see if it had already come up and here they are.
    Dont think theyre for me either ,but pretty neat for $50.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I might consider this. Have been thinking about getting a full size .45 for a nightstand gun to add a light too. This may be able to hole me over until the funds are enough to buy another .45. These should look decent on my sr1911cmd.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    I like it.. It opens my options now for my first 1911... I would not purchase one with out the rail... Now I have more options.. Thanks for posting... I like it a lot!

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    just searched for these on INGO , trying to gauge to spend the $50 (free shipping). Anyone with real world experience ? I just see some "weak points" and wonder how it will hold up with use and time

Ok - it's been a few years now. Anyone tried these? Would be interested to hear your experiences.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Ok - it's been a few years now. Anyone tried these? Would be interested to hear your experiences.
    The compact 1911 I bought a few years back had them. It does not anymore. I found them awkward at best, cheap and bad at worst. I replaced them with a set of cold black wraparounds.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    The compact 1911 I bought a few years back had them. It does not anymore. I found them awkward at best, cheap and bad at worst. I replaced them with a set of cold black wraparounds.

Bummer. I do not have anything with a light rail. Was hopeful this would be a low-cost alternative for mounting a light.

Also, I'm now a little worried that CM and DrillSgt will see this post and stop answering my 1911 questions. DRAT!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom