• ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    A Small Rant...
    I went the other day to a gunshop in hopes of ordering a CMMG dedicated AR 22LR upper without a BCG. If you already have a CMMG 22LR conversion kit (BCG) as I do, you can save a nice piece of change by ordering this way. I told the lady that runs the place what I wanted so she called (I assume) a distributer to check on availability. After talking to him, she went on to tell me that I should buy the S&W M&P 22LR rifle she would have in in a few days as then I would get a "whole rifle" and not just an upper for less money. I told her I didn't want that. She talked to the distributer again and then told me that I "wouldn't be satisfied" with just the upper and that I should buy the S&W 22LR as it was a complete rifle and a better deal. I told her again, I didn't want that. Then she went back to talking on the phone again with the distributer. I saw that this was all a waste of my time, thanked her and left without ordering the upper or buying the 44SPL revolver I had slobbered over before inquiring about the upper. In all she lost over $800 in sales at that time and untold amounts in future purchases as I will never go back for anything. I realize that she probably had a bigger profit on the S&W vs. the CMMG upper but can't believe that after telling her twice that I didn't want the S&W AR she still wouldn't take my order. I mean WTF ? Is my money no good ? :dunno:
    Oh, well, I learned something anyway and after going home I did a search and found a CMMG dealer that was closer. I guess he will just have to take my worthless money. Live and learn. :rolleyes:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Show me. Interested to know.

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=1857860&cat=81&

1342-972.jpg

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Of course the real question is why were you trying to order an upper from a gun shop. You could just order from CMMG and they will mail it to your house.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Just buy it off the internet and don't look back.

Sounds like she was at least trying to help out. Might not have been the best help was sounded like the intent was in the right place.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Just buy it off the internet and don't look back.

Sounds like she was at least trying to help out. Might not have been the best help was sounded like the intent was in the right place.

I don't think so. I believe the intent was to sell me an S&W 22LR AR that she would make more money off of which is fine from her point of view (making a profit) but after being told TWICE that I didn't want it she should have just gave me my requested price and availability info. Also,"Just buy it off the internet and don't look back." is not the point. I already knew I had that option. The point is, I was trying to support a local shop which I like to do if the cost difference isn't prohibitive. She couldn't (or wouldn't) see beyond that one sale and insure a return customer.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Of course the real question is why were you trying to order an upper from a gun shop. You could just order from CMMG and they will mail it to your house.

If you are going to pay full retail why not support your local dealer and order from them. Now, if they don't deserve your business go ahead and order online.

Most dealers will try to earn your business, looks like the one you tried didn't.
    :dunno:

Top Bottom