• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I work in a retail tire and auto service shop. Late last week, we had a woman, who worked for a private security firm, in for some work, an oil change, to be done on her vehicle. She was engaged in some light banter with the manager, when I hear him say something to the effect of "I didn't do it, so please don't shoot me." I instantly knew he was playing, but it afforded me an opening to start an interesting conversation.
    Now is where the story starts to get interesting. I asked her what she had, and she replied with "its just a little Luger." At that, I started to look at what she was carrying. I knew it wasn't a luger, but I then figured it WAS a 9mm. She then proceeds to unholster it, and offers to let me take a look. She was carrying crossdraw, and muzzle swept the front counter. (I was at a side counter, so I was safe, but still, people were at that counter)
    At this point, I was trying to tell her it was OK, I didn't need to see it any closer, but she proceeded to remove the mag from the pistol and do a chamber check. All the while, she is going on about "this is what they tell me I need to use" and Blah, Blah, Blah, while I am trying to Keep a hand out to keep the muzzle pointed toward the floor of the store. Now, I am beginning to wonder what kind of security company she worked for, because I sure am not feeling very secure. She does hand me her handgun, mag removed, and while very consciously and carefully keeping the muzzle in a safe direction, I do a chamber check. Thank goodness it was clear. I then noticed she had no loose round she had taken out. I believe she was carrying without a chambered round. I handed it back, she reholstered, and continued on with our discussion about firearms. I mentioned my XD, and think she began to drool, just a little.
    I am not trying to be mean to anyone, but I don't think this person had enough training or experience to be handling a firearm, especially in a security situation. I also am 50/50 on whether she even had her LTCH. Luckily, all ended well, I don't think any customers even noticed, or even any of my co-workers, what she had just done to them. Unfortunately, I would have liked to give her a nice lesson about the finer points of firearm safety, but my place of work was not the time or the place.

Now for the:stickpoke:! It wasn't a Luger, but it was a 9mm. She had a ..............................................................................................
    ..........Hi-Point!!

(Sorry guys, had to throw that last line in there)

Anyone have any thoughts or Ideas on anything else I could have done. It seemed like she was insistent in showing off her pistol. I could have done with her putting it back away after the muzzle sweep, but seemed like she would have no part of that.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Then a palm strike to the nose, shoving the bone into her brain, would have been the appropriate response.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I think you handled it fine without panicking.

Unfortunately in certain environments with higher people traffic,
    that could've caused one nervous customer to trigger chaos amongst everyone else.
    So luckily for you, it was low-key.

And for the record, my first gun I purchased was a Hi-Point,
    and it always went boom when I needed it to.
    Although it was about as basic/cheap as a gun could get.... it worked.

Good story, though. :-)

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I don't have a problem with anything that works, gun wise. I had a really reliable Taurus once, and if I believed some of what I read on here, I was lucky it ever went BANG!

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Just giving you a tough time.

I certainly don't stand behind the quality of a HPF vs [insert ANYTHING else here],
    I was just saying... they are absolutely a great first and/or cheap gun.

Back to your story though.... I really do have to laugh at it.
    I know exactly the type of person you're describing and it's scary to think how
    openly comfortable she is to yanking her piece out of the holster to show it off... *edit*.... in PUBLIC. (Said like Ron White) :-)

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I personally think the woman never should have unholstered the gun. There's a time and place for that and to me, this just didn't seem to fit neither. JMO that's all.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I personally think the woman never should have unholstered the gun. There's a time and place for that and to me, this just didn't seem to fit neither. JMO that's all.

I agree! :yesway:
    Only take your weapon out of your holster if you need to use it to defend your life.It's not a toy that you show to strangers in stores. :rolleyes:
    This lady gave you her gun without even knowing you and without knowing if you were trained to handle a firearm safely (looks like she wasnt trained herself).
    I dont understand people that just hand you their gun if you get curious about it.

Cops dont do that in the street if you ask them what they carry, they are
    not idiots.
    RANDOM GUY IN THE STREET: "What gun is that officer?"
    POLICE OFFICER: "Oh it's a 9mm sir, here take it and feel the trigger pull.Amazing huh? :D"

Not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

I really have to know the person well to let that person hold my firearm.
    And that's clearly not something you do outside your own house.

:twocents:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Unfortunately, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
    Sooooo.......she needs a weapon to get a date?:draw:

Pulling her weapon is both stupid and dangerous. If anyone wants to know what I'm carrying I'll TELL them. They won't see it. I've seen some really stupid stuff myself, the worst being people still handling their weapons while I'm down range servicing targets. They seem to think as long as they're not shooting it's safe!! Good grief.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Maybe it was Gecko45's girlfriend, you know how stressfull laying your life on the line as a mall cop can be. She was probably going over anti terrorism scenarios in her head and had a lapse in judgement, happens to the best of em.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    And for the record, my first gun I purchased was a Hi-Point,
    and it always went boom when I needed it to.
    Although it was about as basic/cheap as a gun could get.... it worked.

Good story, though. :-)

The first pistol I owned was a .40 Glock. It when boom too. Which is how I lost my hands.... :D

(Still have both that Glock and my hands actually, some 15k rounds through it later.)

Top Bottom