• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Hi everybody. Just a FYI the new round is not called REV. It will be called the the 22 TCM9R the 9R standing for 9mm revolution. Why because I will make a conversion for every major 9mm gun out there in the next 5 years which I think will change the people's minds about fast bullets with no recoil. It revolutionary don't you guys think?
    The REV is reserved for the super secret pistol which will revolutionize the polymer pistol market. Martin CEO

https://www.facebook.com/ArmscorPrecision?fref=nf link to their FB page

Coming from anyone else... I'd call this hype and BS. But this is coming from Martin Tuason - head of Armscor. THAT makes this an intriguing statement. Still might be hype and BS , but from a guy with the ability to make it happen.

So either a) our friend Martin and the Rock Island gang have been hitting the Pina Coladas a little extra hard.... or b) he and Fred Craig have found an interesting new setup.

If I read this right - this is likely a NEW round or a new setup for the 22TCM Round that is slightly shorter in oal. than the 22TCM but folllows the same principles. 22TCM is too long as it stands to fit in a normal 9mm mag or mag well.

As a person who owns a TCM - this may or may not be great news, as it potentially could change Rock Island's focus. As a person who kind of likes the smaller, faster rounds like the 22TCM or the 5.7? This is intriguing as heck.

That's how I read the above statement. But it's 3am and I may be missing something. And quick - Charlie (NHT3) go check the punch bowl at the Armscor hangout in Nevada or the Phillipines and make sure that nobody added something extra to Martin's punch...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Agreed, Cathy - that said - most experimental gunsmiths don't own the resources that this one does... namely a gun manufacturing company the size of RIA/Armscor.

If Timmy the Tinkerer said it, that's one thing. While Martin is not on the level of Gaston or Bill... he does command enough respect merely because if he says it, he has the manufacturing ability to produce it. Timmy the Tinkerer simply doesn't have that level of backing.

THEN it's a matter of "will it sell?" On THAT we can certainly debate. And we've all heard the stuff before. For now - it's marketing hype and an interesting rumor. When it becomes production - the proof's in the shooting.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Hopefully this doesn't bankrupt the company... Dunno how much money something of this "caliber" takes.

Pun intended.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    22TCM is too long as it stands to fit in a normal 9mm mag or mag well.

Not exactly correct - the .22TCM is longer than 9mm (about the same COAL as a .45ACP), but the 9mm setup and the .22TCM setup for these 1911-type handguns use the same magazine (the barrel changes and they give you two extractors).

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Not exactly correct - the .22TCM is longer than 9mm (about the same COAL as a .45ACP), but the 9mm setup and the .22TCM setup for these 1911-type handguns use the same magazine (the barrel changes and they give you two extractors).

Correct - I totally agree. (I have one or two of them :) ) But that's not my point.

Take my Kahr CM9 and a 22TCM will NOT fit in the mag well. As you say, it's too long. So if the RIA guys are going to make an adapter for "every major 9mm out there" as Martin is saying - the TCM cannot go full length.

In order to make a conversion kit that would work for a Glock or a Kahr or an XD or something - the round has to get a wee bit shorter, no?

Or perhaps I'm ready Mr. Tuason's statement incorrectly. That could well be true too...

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Never tried putting TCM in any of my other 9mm magazines. You're likely correct - for a conversion, the COAL would have to be less.

Speculation over on the 1911 forum is that the new cartridge will be a shortened version of the TCM. One poster also had this to offer: 'Modern Weapon Systems is set to unvail their Boberg XR9-S subcompact conversion to 22 TCM9R at Shot Show.'

I've got two TCMs - a polymer version might be interesting! Not sure I want to invest in yet another obscure cartridge, though!!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Boberg doing TCM style stuff??? Werry Interesting...

While people may or may not like the Boberg design (or price point!) = there's no doubting the quality of the build and that Boberg is out to build a top notch company.

I don't have enough money to play right now. But things are gonna get innovative fo' sho'.... Hmmmm... an XR9-S Shorty that spits out TCM style speed with less recoil. That could potentially be one heck of an EDC (BIG assumption that everything worked smoothly) And there will be PLENTY of doubters on that. Long as Boberg supports the conversion, that might be a fun experiment.

EDIT - Come to think of it, a necked down round like the TCM stuff would be fairly well suited to the Boberg "yank it backwards out of the magazine" design.

Where did GFGT put that popcorn , anyway???

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The plot thickens... here's a screen shot of a pic that Armscor posted from a Show today. Note that it is a Glock behind the rounds. Demo of a Glock conversion, maybe? And note that the round on the left looks shortened compared to the one on the right (the one on the right is a normal 22TCM from what I can tell...)

Sorry for the whitespace in the pic. I was trying to zoom in.

1zocdo7.png

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Looks like the TCM brass, but a shorter, round nose bullet. Only need about 0.1 inch pinched off the standard TCM to reach 9mm COAL.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    There was a guy (Warlord Arms) that was making a conversion for Glocks and building guns in TCM.. His fix was to use a different bullet that seated deeper in the case. It never went anywhere that I'm aware of but a Glock or M&P upper setup similar to the 50GI that Guncrafter does would be a big seller IMHO.. Like ArmedProgrammer I have a couple of TCMs.. I have a double stack commander and one of the new single stack commanders.. The single stack is the nuts. Holds 10 rounds in the mag and has become my EDC part of the time. I find it pretty easy to put 10 shots in a tennis ball size hole at 7 yards in less than 5 seconds and it always leaves me grinning. If they come up with a way to do what they are talking about I think it will be a bit of a game changer. If you have never fired on you just can't imagine how controllable they are and with an 8 pound recoil spring a 6 year old can retract the slide. I hope they pull it off, I'll be one of the first in line for a Glock 19 upper.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    There was a guy (Warlord Arms) that was making a conversion for Glocks and building guns in TCM.. His fix was to use a different bullet that seated deeper in the case. It never went anywhere that I'm aware of but a Glock or M&P upper setup similar to the 50GI that Guncrafter does would be a big seller IMHO.. Like ArmedProgrammer I have a couple of TCMs.. I have a double stack commander and one of the new single stack commanders.. The single stack is the nuts. Holds 10 rounds in the mag and has become my EDC part of the time. I find it pretty easy to put 10 shots in a tennis ball size hole at 7 yards in less than 5 seconds and it always leaves me grinning. If they come up with a way to do what they are talking about I think it will be a bit of a game changer. If you have never fired on you just can't imagine how controllable they are and with an 8 pound recoil spring a 6 year old can retract the slide. I hope they pull it off, I'll be one of the first in line for a Glock 19 upper.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

And if they can make my Kahr CM9 spit TCM??? :D Hey , a guy can dream... Actually a Glock would be pretty fun with it as well. Sounds like the Armscor guys might want to add a production line or two to the ammo plant in Montana!

And I have you, Charlie - (and Dan at Pocket Traders one Saturday) to blame for my TCM addiction...

And if Martin pulls this off, he'll be the enabler from hell... :D And I won't be alone... you have been warned...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting. Just haven't figured out why I (or anyone) would need this cartridge.

The 5.7x28 is 'odd' enough. JMO.

Top Bottom