• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sigrome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    do you ever offer classes that revolve around shooting for speed, meaning if your getting robbed your going to have to shoot and draw with some hast

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    do you ever offer classes that revolve around shooting for speed, meaning if your getting robbed your going to have to shoot and draw with some hast

Speed is a factor in all of our classes, except the BP100.

It sounds like you're interested in our defensive classes, DP101 "Intro to Defensive Pistol" and DP 201 "Defensive Pistol 2." We also do force on force classes with airsoft that allow you to practice applying the techniques you've learned.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

Yes. As Rhino said it is in all of our classes except BP100. But we are still using the sights.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone for coming out today and shooting with us in this class. An even bigger thanks for being safe.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Thanks for putting on a good class at an affordable price.

I think the "intermediate" title is just right. This class fills a role that some other classes don't. Most classes are either a "Basic Pistol" safety, fundamentals, draw stroke type class where the farther building blocks for speed, movement, and multiple targets are not covered, or they are a "Tactical" type class where those building blocks are often glossed over to make time for more "tactical" information.

There was a lot of good information presented here for getting faster consecutive hits and developing speed across multiple targets. This was basically a 4 hour primer on where to focus your practice to achieve those things.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Coach and Rhino, Thanks for putting on such a good class. This was the first official pistol training I've taken (unless you count the hunters ed class I took in FL about 20 years ago that met the training requirement for FL's CCW permit at the time, I wouldn't ;)).

I was very pleased with the class. It moved at just about the right pace, and was very low pressure/stress, but provided excellent drills and gave me some items to move forward on. The training techniques were just right in my opinion.

IP101 put aside my concerns about formal training. I'm definitely interested in checking out DP101 now.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I really enjoyed this class. Things moved along at a pretty good pace and there was a lot of good information presented. With the size class we had it was a bit hard to get some one-on-one time with the instructors but I gotta say Coach and Rhino did a good job of correcting us as soon as they saw something. I think Jackson hit it right on the money, this is a great class to learn what you need to practice going forward.

This was my first class with ACT, but it won't be my last.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    WebSnyper, which person were you at the class?

I was the guy who started off with the Glock 27/Advantage Arms conversion kit. I switched over to the Glock 23 shooting .40 when Coach had us load the dummy round to do the malfunction drill, and shot the rest of the class with the 23.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Had a great time today. Today was full of valuable drills that I feel increased my skill level and gave me things to work on, on my own. I felt the class moved at a great pace and gave each shooter a fair chance to try each drill. Can't wait to attend more classes with you guys. +1 ACT!

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    a Huge +1 to Coach and Rhino. The class moved at a very good pace, and it was nice to have some instant feedback on things they noticed during some of the drills. I will definitely be looking into taking DP 101 with them as well.

bpeele

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    the IP class was great. Got to shoot more rounds in a day than I usually do for sure, got my first experience with draw strokes and live fire, which was really good exp.. and have taken away techniques and concepts that I can work with on my own to become a better shooter.

I'll have to admit too that i was pretty hesitant (due to my exp and shooting skill level) to take a more active training class and the one thing i took away from this class, more than anything else, is really more confidence in myself and the desire to move forward with more formal training at some point.

thanks coach and rhino!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am glad to hear the positive comments. We strive to provide great value for the shooters who train with us, and I hope that we did that. I think many folks are timid about taking a class because they are not confident in their abilities. Just listen and be safe while in class and start building the skills and improving abilities. Our job of trainers is to take you from whatever level you come into the class at and show you how to improve. There is not really magic bullet to greatness other than practice, but you have to do certain things right to achieve anywhere close to your abilities.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I'll have to admit too that i was pretty hesitant (due to my exp and shooting skill level) to take a more active training class and the one thing i took away from this class, more than anything else, is really more confidence in myself and the desire to move forward with more formal training at some point.

thanks coach and rhino!

I think this is a common concern. Look at it this way, if you already knew everything they were teaching in the class, you'd be wasting your money. Secondly, the earlier in the process you get formal training, the sooner you can start working on the right things with efficient methods. You will have fewer bad habits and preconcieved ideas to overcome, and the pace of your improvement will be faster. I encourage every new shooter I come across to get formal training as early as they can.

When you are in class relax, work at your pace, and do everything with safety in mind and you will be just fine. It isnt a competition and you shouldnt worry at all about how anyone else is doing. If the guy next to you happens to be shooting better or faster, you can bet they started out where you are at one point. And the best way to catch up is to ignore them and focus all of your attention on doing whatever you're doing, doing it perfectly, and improving yourself. At the end of the day, that is what youre paying for and why you're there.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think this is a common concern. Look at it this way, if you already knew everything they were teaching in the class, you'd be wasting your money. Secondly, the earlier in the process you get formal training, the sooner you can start working on the right things with efficient methods. You will have fewer bad habits and preconcieved ideas to overcome, and the pace of your improvement will be faster. I encourage every new shooter I come across to get formal training as early as they can.

When you are in class relax, work at your pace, and do everything with safety in mind and you will be just fine. It isnt a competition and you shouldnt worry at all about how anyone else is doing. If the guy next to you happens to be shooting better or faster, you can bet they started out where you are at one point. And the best way to catch up is to ignore them and focus all of your attention on doing whatever you're doing perfectly and improving yourself. At the end of the day, that is what youre paying for and why you're there.

Good advice.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think this is a common concern. Look at it this way, if you already knew everything they were teaching in the class, you'd be wasting your money. Secondly, the earlier in the process you get formal training, the sooner you can start working on the right things with efficient methods. You will have fewer bad habits and preconceived ideas to overcome, and the pace of your improvement will be faster. I encourage every new shooter I come across to get formal training as early as they can.

When you are in class relax, work at your pace, and do everything with safety in mind and you will be just fine. It isnt a competition and you shouldnt worry at all about how anyone else is doing. If the guy next to you happens to be shooting better or faster, you can bet they started out where you are at one point. And the best way to catch up is to ignore them and focus all of your attention on doing whatever you're doing, doing it perfectly, and improving yourself. At the end of the day, that is what you're paying for and why you're there.

I definitely agree, and it was certainly my concern as well. Coach and Rhino did an excellent job of making firearm training much less daunting.

When I go to the range normally, I very much focus on getting into my zone and work on what I'm doing and being safe, what I realized during the class was that I can and should do the same thing during training.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I definitely agree, and it was certainly my concern as well. Coach and Rhino did an excellent job of making firearm training much less daunting.

They are good instructors. You will find that the majority of private sector firearms instructors are this way. They want you to feel comfortable in their class. They want you in an environment where you will feel comfortable and be able to learn as much as you can. They love what they do and genuinely want you to leave with more than you came in with. That is what you can, and should, expect at almost any class you take. (I can think of a few exceptions to the comfort and ease of mind, but they don't apply to basic shooting instruction.)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you all for th kind words! I'm glad we provided a valuable service to you and that you had a good time doing it. It was great seeing the progress students made from those first few shots until the end of the day!

We hope to see you all again soon!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The wife and I would be interested in a beginners class... When might you anticipate another?
    The next IP 101 is June 9th in Warsaw. Email for forms.
    We will be back at MCFG in July on the 14th. We could also do something privately. Just send me an email.

Top Bottom