Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I wasn't under the impression that this was a "competition based" class...? I was thinking it was more about building upon basic pistol fundamentals regardless of intent. Did I miss something there? I'm signed up either way, but I'm using carry handguns, my PPQ or my VP9 if it has its night sights on it by then. I am also NOT a good shot, so hopefully we get a mix of skills.

I was confused on the round count. I think I read 150 rounds, but then somewhere else 400...? 400 sounds like a lot more fun!

It is a general marksmanship course. 400 is the number to bring. We will be doing a lot of shooting. Sometimes this course is labeled a competition course. It is and it is not. There are several posts on here that describe it. It has been a very popular course over the years.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    sounds like a good class but I have the same question. what distance will be shooting at? I participated in my first organized pistol shoot tonight at parabellum (low light) and I never thought ten to twelve yards would be so challenging.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    sounds like a good class but I have the same question. what distance will be shooting at? I participated in my first organized pistol shoot tonight at parabellum (low light) and I never thought ten to twelve yards would be so challenging.

7-15yards. Low light makes things tough in those shoots. Plus the target is very small, which is appropriate. You will not leave this class disappointed.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Great class tonight. I am thankful for the very safe gun handling. I hope everyone found it valuable. There was a comment from someone not on INGO after the class. "It was better than I thought it would be." I told him that low expectations are the key to a happy life. :)

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I went today and thoroughly enjoyed it! I have been shooting for maybe 20 years now and I still learned a lot! The class makes you aware of your bad habits, and my grip with "more squeeze" being on the weak hand as well as a higher position as possible for the weak hand is my worst "bad habit" to conquer!

If they held this class every few months, I would sign up regularly and more people I work with would do also. Coach is a great trainer and time on the range with good guidance/coaching is well worth it!

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thanks for putting on a great class, Coach. You were clear and concise in instruction and explanation making it very easy to perform the tasks and drills. The pace was excellent. We were either listening to you, preparing to shoot (loading mags and taping targets), or shooting. There was next to no idle time.

For anyone thinking about attending, do it. Grip matters.... ;)

Top Bottom