• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    It depends on if you have a carry permit and the state's that you will be traveling thru take your LTCH. When we travel to Florida, I am good to go the entire journey because the LTCH covers me. If you are traveling thru somewhere like Illinois, then yes, the firearm must be unloaded and enclosed in a case and not accessible to the passenger compartment.

INGunGuy

Dpj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Varries from state from what I've seen. Would like to get the Utah permit myself as that covers a lot of states.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    :oldwise: I use that specific website prior to all my trips. I even print it out in-case I might have to explain myself to a unenlightened foreign power.

Dpj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    To be on the safe side without looking up each states rules, keep it in a box unloaded while traveling interstate. IL is one of the most restricted states and u can drive through it in this manner.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    You are correct that they no longer require one to carry in AZ. They still issue them for people needing one to carry in other states. I just got mine about two weeks ago.

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    How difficult is it to get the permits out of state. I'm in the military and travel a lot and would love get this squared away.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Depends on the state. My advice would be to start here Handgunlaw.us. They have links to each state with the requirements. Utah and Florida are probably to most popular ones. Utah requires you to take their class, you can find it offered here in Indiana. Florida requires that you have proof of competence with a handgun. Your military training should suffice for that.

Top Bottom