• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Welcome one and all!

With the outstanding successful roll-out of the Affordable Care Act, the powers that be have decided to overhaul the transportation and automotive industry. Now I know what you are thinking. Why would the government need to be involved with cars and other transportation? Well, the answer is pretty simple. Some people do not have cars. Some people have inadequate cars. In order for these people to have vehicles, everyone will chip in just a bit more.

If you like the car you have, you can keep it. Period.*
    If you like the mechanical services you have, you can keep it. Period*
    If you like the dealership you have, you can keep it. Period.*
    Any vehicle on the road prior to this bill being signed is grandfathered in.*

Anyone below a certain income level will automatically be enrolled and be given a bus pass. Bus routes to this point are inadequate, thus they will have to be modified for greater coverage. Somebody living out in a rural area should have equal bus coverage and those who live in the city.

We will create a website that will become a portal for all transportation. You will purchase your gas here, get a mechanic assigned to you, and even receive a list of dealerships to buy new vehicles from. All new cars will receive black boxes that monitor how many miles are traveled, this way people can pay for the roads they use, and for the emissions from their car affecting global climate change.

*Grandfather clause: Making any significant changes to a vehicle will result in loss of coverage and will necessitate enrollment in the program. Those changes include:
    • Filling Gas tank
    • changing tires
    • changing oil filter
    • any cosmetic repairs
    • buying a new vehicle

To find out more specifics, we have to pass the bill to find out what is in it.

If you are against this bill, you are racist and deserve to die in front of a firing squad. Don't you want people to be able to drive and go to the welfare office or local unemployment office?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    This is clearly a modification of hardware. Thus will be illegal. They will have to buy a new car from GM using an authorized dealer.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    We laugh about it but that's exactly how Volkswagen came into being. Hitler wanted every German to have access to an affordable automobile and even picked winners and losers when it became apparent that private enterprise wasn't going to be able to deliver his vision at the price he wanted to market it in order to be able to sell the German people on the idea. Lets see, was that before or after Hitler's T-4 program?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why don't people get mad about having to buy car insurance? Isn't it a law? Aren't we required to purchase it in some form? Nobody is worried about that:dunno:

I'm not a big fan of automotive insurance. However the two industries are not the same. First, states decide that they want to require auto insurance. The FED is compelling commerce regardless of what states say. Second, the state gets to decide what to do with public roads. If you don't like the rules they set, don't drive on public roads. But my health is mine. It is not publicly owned. The government has no right to govern that.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Reuters had a quote from Obama's press secretary which began: "The president, as awesomely powerful as the office is"

The Great and Mighty Oz.

That's what we get when we allow lawyers to think they are business managers. I've known a number of fine lawyers in my years in business. But I rarely found one who could manage a succesfull business program.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Will this cover pre-existing mechanical conditions?
    May I have my engine replaced?
    Will I be reimbursed for that turn light bulb that I replaced last week at my own expense?
    Can I pick my own repaint color, or do I have to choose from the chart that the government provides?

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Will this cover pre-existing mechanical conditions?
    May I have my engine replaced?
    Will I be reimbursed for that turn light bulb that I replaced last week at my own expense?
    Can I pick my own repaint color, or do I have to choose from the chart that the government provides?

Yes.
    Yes, as long as you reach your deductible.
    No. Mechanical Savings Programs are now illegal under the law. It all has to go through the website
    You can pick you own color when you buy the vehicle The authorized dealer and manufacturers of your new vehicle have all authorized colors.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Why don't people get mad about having to buy car insurance? Isn't it a law? Aren't we required to purchase it in some form? Nobody is worried about that:dunno:

People aren't being compelled to buy car insurance if they do not drive. As far as reach and magnitude goes, this is governed at the local and state level as opposed to the federal level.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    they would probably be a Chevette or a Pinto!!!!!:rockwoot:

And they would all be painted a flat, dull grey in color. No more red, green, blue, white, gold, beige, purple... Only grey cars.

Oh! Of course we will all be wearing grey 'uniforms' furnished by .Gov. Just cannot have anyone that stands out from the crowd. The radios in our .Gov auto will broadcast only talk radio, also furnished by our .Gov, to continue our indoctrination.

Scary thoughts...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom