Not open for further replies.

ArmyPIG13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    FT Drum
    To all,
    Please allow me to introduce myself and give you a little piece of my background. I am from Indianpolis and a Purdue University alum. I am currently serving in the Army (for the past 6 years) on active duty stationed at Fort Drum, NY. I am a firm believer that a true responsible gun owner not only knows every inch of their weapon but trains with it as much as possible. I love to train, train and train. I love shooting rifles and pistols. I love learning new techniques to enhance my marksmanship toolbox, as well as helping others achieve their desired level of training. I look forward to chatting with everyone and sharing tips. I don't make it home much these days so I am hoping this forum will allow me to get a little piece of home. Climb to Glory!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I never know what to say when people thank me for serving. We all have our purpose. So, thank you!

Welcome to INGO. You are very humble in your response to being thanked for your service. I too don't always know what to say to a soldier that I encounter in my travels. I do what I can as you put it. I have never served in the military, but have helped change a car battery for a stranded soldier's wife at a Hotel in Georgia, sent an anonymous meal to a soldier on a plane. While this is in no way any comparison to what a soldier does for our country, it is my purpose. Your sacrifice for our country might seem small to you because it what you do, but to us it is huge, so Thank You!

ArmyPIG13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    FT Drum
    All I can say to that is thank you. Very kind words...frickin onions LOL! It makes a world of difference that my Brothers and Sisters back home still think about us and have our backs. Love to you and yours. We are all in this together.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I remember the first time someone came up and thanked me for my service. I was in a hotel in San Diego at the free breakfast in full dress getting ready for a meeting at a contractors facility. I helped an old lady who was having trouble with the waffle maker get her waffle out and then carry here stuff back to the table. This guy came up and said "I just want to thank you for your service". I said I didn't work there and was just helping her out. I had no idea what he was talking about. But then again I started out as Viet Nam era and this was Kalifornia so it is not the kind of response I expected.

:welcome: to :ingo:

Fort Drum...waive at the Reapers for us!

ArmyPIG13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    FT Drum
    I remember the first time someone came up and thanked me for my service. I was in a hotel in San Diego at the free breakfast in full dress getting ready for a meeting at a contractors facility. I helped an old lady who was having trouble with the waffle maker get her waffle out and then carry here stuff back to the table. This guy came up and said "I just want to thank you for your service". I said I didn't work there and was just helping her out. I had no idea what he was talking about. But then again I started out as Viet Nam era and this was Kalifornia so it is not the kind of response I expected.

:welcome: to :ingo:

Fort Drum...waive at the Reapers for us!

I have the utmost respect for Vietnam Vets. Thank you for still serving!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom