• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    this is why boys and girls Jedi does not like APPLE :puke: just like jedi hates GLOCKs :puke:
    apple_iphone_20130423_bad-bat_01.jpg
    apple_iphone_20130423_bad-bat_02.jpg

the employee is ok, but the fumes are all over the place.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So was it just sitting there? On a charger? Under something?

Looks like maybe a 4 or 4s?

The phone was not on a charge or under anything nor did it have anything on top of it. It was just faced up (screen up) on the desk unattended while the employee was on the computer.

Not sure what flavor of APPLE :puke: product it was/is. I hate all things APPLE :puke: and don't want to touch them!

Why are there 2 scorch marks on the desk? Maybe this guy just likes to blow stuff up??? :dunno:

The marks by the keyboard is actually "burn" dust.
    One of our building inspectors was doing his morning rounds when he saw a poof of smoke, followed by flames coming from a desk, 2 desks away as he was walking down the aisle. He directed the employee to run in front of him to the bathroom and plug the sink and have the water running. He garbbed the phone and followed her to put out the fire.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Without the facts (crime scene investigation), its all BS, and all the fears are unwarranted. (Coming from an Electrical Engineer that did electronic troubleshot of test stand and product = aircraft components)

Right.

Because battery-powered objects have NEVER experienced battery issues and "blown up".

It's all in people's imaginations.

Got it.

-J-

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm pretty sure something was wrong with the phone, like it has been wet before or something. any iphone 4 and up has a heat sensor in it now that gives you a warning to shut it down. and then shuts down if you don't do it yourself. My friends Iphone 4 did that every couple days until she upgraded. It was because she spilled something on it and caused an electrical issue. Phone worked fine, just got hot sometimes.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There have been issues with the lithium batteries. And since we have a member who has tested to aircraft specs, for evidence I give everyone the issues with the Boeing Dreamliner and it's battery pack.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If this is true, this is pretty scary. My iPhone is within reach about 23 hrs and 50 minutes a day (bringing it in the shower with me would probably be a bit extreme). of those 23 hrs and 50 minutes, it's in my pocket or up to my face for at least 14 of them.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Look up any product and you will find peculiar failures if enough people use the product. You're more likely to die in a car accident or to get hit by lightning than for your iPhone to blow up on it's own without outside influences [like water damage].

Top Bottom