• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Note: Just because Iran's military / Government SAY that they have something - does not mean that they HAVE something.

-J-

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If all they do is build something a little better than say a 1960's F-111 then they will have something to be worried about.

They are friends with the Russians.

The Russians got some of our F-111's in Vietnam and immediately built their own versions of it. They have had 45 years to improve on it.

Nothing stays proprietary forever, people are too easily corrupted or killed for it.

Luckily Iran only intends to use it for defensive purposes. Sadly they finally figured out a strong offense equals a great defense.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That may be a working prototype, but I seriously doubt its stealth characteristics. Iran overhypes all their military kit. It is probably based on the funky F-5 derivatives they've been coming up with.

The Wright Brother's plane had a small radar cross section, too.... ;)

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    "The aircraft was unveiled by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the 34th anniversary of the Iranian Revolution, who said the aircraft demonstrates Iran’s will to “conquer scientific peaks” and was built for deterrence rather than expansionism."

Interesting. Ahmadinejad usually talks a bigger game; I usually don't see him talking about a deterrence rather than taking the offensive. He's sounding more like our Gov't.

Iran unveils homegrown Qaher F-313 "stealth" fighter

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Note: Just because Iran's military / Government SAY that they have something - does not mean that they HAVE something.

-J-

This above^^^^^

You really think that Iran has the capability to produce a stealth fighter with the resources that they have.

China just built there "prototype and I doubt that it is very stealhy.

Now onto Iran's design.

Those forward wings are not a design concept that would lead itself to a radar evading design, it would create more of a radar signature in my opinion not less.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If all they do is build something a little better than say a 1960's F-111 then they will have something to be worried about.

They are friends with the Russians.

The Russians got some of our F-111's in Vietnam and immediately built their own versions of it. They have had 45 years to improve on it.

Nothing stays proprietary forever, people are too easily corrupted or killed for it.

Luckily Iran only intends to use it for defensive purposes. Sadly they finally figured out a strong offense equals a great defense.

I know a feller who flew one of those all the way from England to Libya and back...

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    This above^^^^^

You really think that Iran has the capability to produce a stealth fighter with the resources that they have.

China just built there "prototype and I doubt that it is very stealhy.

Now onto Iran's design.

Those forward wings are not a design concept that would lead itself to a radar evading design, it would create more of a radar signature in my opinion not less.

There are levels of stealth design. Stealth isn't a 1 or a 0. The big factors are reducing right angles and proper radar absorbent materials.

We had the F117 flying more than 30 years ago, it's fathomable that they can have something that is stealth. The Rafaele and Typhoon can both be considered stealth fighters and they have canards. Heck, the RAH-66 Comanche was considered a steath design and it was rotary wing.

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Couldn't open the link for photo-
    This is all I can find

images

Top Bottom