Iranian President to US: Just apologize and we're cool.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I agree with a lot said plus we waste more than 1.8 mil / year perhaps a few more could be sent as "gifts" all they have to do is catch them

The flaws I see are possible environmental changes from the fallout drifting and repercussions with other countries in the world (namely our allies)

Enhanced Radiation Weapons (neutron bomb) - much lower yield concentrated in hard radiation (x-rays) and neutron flux. Less blast damage and less contamination and fallout, just a lot of dead peeps. Repercussions from the countries who always want to hold our coat while we take care of the problem? Pfft.

Everybody wants to go round with the 'great satan' - right up until the gloves come off

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Apologizing for past transgression isn't appeasement and iran isn't a military powerhouse like Germany was. There are literally zero similarities. But I suppose "Nazis" is always a compelling argument.

appease
    [uh-peez]
    Spell Syllables
    Synonyms Word Origin
    verb (used with object), appeased, appeasing.
    1.to bring to a state of peace, quiet, ease, calm, or contentment; pacify; soothe:
    to appease an angry king.

2.to satisfy, allay, or relieve; assuage:
    The fruit appeased his hunger.

3.to yield or concede to the belligerent demands of (a nation, group, person, etc.) in a conciliatory effort, sometimes at the expense of justice or other principles.

If it quacks like an appeasement......

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Apparently many are under the assumption that only the United States has nuclear weapons. The idea of nuking a nation because we're butthurt is insane. I hate qualify it so coldly, but there simply hasn't been enough death and destruction, at the hands of Iran, to justify such a strike.

Would you then argue there has been enough death and destruction perpetrated by Israel, outside of conflicts initiated by the Arabs, to justify 1947, 1948, 1956, 1967, 1973-74 and 1982 plus various intifadehs depending on how you count? When have wars ever been justified by rational consideration.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Apologizing for past transgression isn't appeasement and iran isn't a military powerhouse like Germany was. There are literally zero similarities. But I suppose "Nazis" is always a compelling argument.

Before you hang your hat on this, you might want to consider that the Germans lacked the means to invade Britain and sure as hell couldn't seriously consider threatening the United States within your previously stated standard of threatening the US mainland. You might also consider that aside from the U-boats, the German navy was not adequate for any pitched battle against the US, Britain, or even France standing alone (French ineptitude notwithstanding). Germany did not have anything near the manufacturing capacity of the US, could not field anything approaching the number of men at arms that we could, did not have the fuel available that we did, and really didn't have any advantages other than ingenuity and sheer meanness.

Now, tell us again how there are 'literally zero similarities'.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Before you hang your hat on this, you might want to consider that the Germans lacked the means to invade Britain and sure as hell couldn't seriously consider threatening the United States within your previously stated standard of threatening the US mainland. You might also consider that aside from the U-boats, the German navy was not adequate for any pitched battle against the US, Britain, or even France standing alone (French ineptitude notwithstanding). Germany did not have anything near the manufacturing capacity of the US, could not field anything approaching the number of men at arms that we could, did not have the fuel available that we did, and really didn't have any advantages other than ingenuity and sheer meanness.

Now, tell us again how there are 'literally zero similarities'.

Germany was a military super power and industrial juggernaut. They took on half the world with a fraction the resources. I stand by my statement, modern day iran is no 1940 Germany.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Germany was a military super power and industrial juggernaut. They took on half the world with a fraction the resources. I stand by my statement, modern day iran is no 1940 Germany.

You apparently believe in the superhuman Aryan since Germany did not have the numbers, the equipment, or the resources to represent anything approaching parity with the allies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You apparently believe in the superhuman Aryan since Germany did not have the numbers, the equipment, or the resources to represent anything approaching parity with the allies.

Prior to December '41, they were setting pretty. The Reich didn't awaken the giant.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

1932 Germany wasn't a 1940 Germany, either; which says a lot about will and intent. Qualities which I believe current Iran has in spades. Nice cherry-pick of history, though.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    They should not get anything from us until they compensate every single hostage they held to the tune of about 10million US dollars.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They should not get anything from us until they compensate every single hostage they held to the tune of about 10million US dollars.
    Why? Kut said it was our fault. Says they should'nt even apologize.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why? Kut said it was our fault. Says they should'nt even apologize.

When you help overthrow a democracy and install a dictator, so you have access to oil, it's bound to create some bad blood, no? You can pretty much point to that as getting the whole ball rolling.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not necessarily in favor of an apology over simply and admission of being a bad state actor, prior to the return of the Ayatollah. That should be enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm not necessarily in favor of an apology over simply and admission of being a bad state actor, prior to the return of the Ayatollah. That should be enough.

If I were GPOTUS (grand poohbah of the United States), the furthest I would go would be to say the US foreign policy in the ME has change from being intimately involved in the affairs of ME governments to being absent in the affairs of ME governments. That means they get no money. No free planes. No free tanks. No free ****. At all. They're on their own. Sorry Israel, you too. If you want US financial backing, use gofundme rather than US tax payers. I promise that won't **** god off at us.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If I were GPOTUS (grand poohbah of the United States), the furthest I would go would be to say the US foreign policy in the ME has change from being intimately involved in the affairs of ME governments to being absent in the affairs of ME governments. That means they get no money. No free planes. No free tanks. No free ****. At all. They're on their own. Sorry Israel, you too. If you want US financial backing, use gofundme rather than US tax payers. I promise that won't **** god off at us.

If we do that, then we owe Israel some oil wells. After all, they gave them up in exchange for US aid under duress at Camp David, and we haven't really kept up our end of the bargain as it is, since rather than the actual financial aid promised what we have given them amounts to subsidizing significant discounts when they buy military hardware from the preferred contractors of our choice.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we do that, then we owe Israel some oil wells. After all, they gave them up in exchange for US aid under duress at Camp David, and we haven't really kept up our end of the bargain as it is, since rather than the actual financial aid promised what we have given them amounts to subsidizing significant discounts when they buy military hardware from the preferred contractors of our choice.

I think given the aid and support we've given Israel if we owed them anything, it's probably been long paid. I'm just tired of the ME. **** that place. If we expend resources in that area, maybe it should be to build a big ****ing wall around it and just let them have at each other. We have plenty of oil. **** em.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Let's just do it, words are cheap, we spout bull**** all the time, why not do it when it might help something

Because it wouldn't be the right thing to do?

+1 It was us that started messing with Iran in the first place. It should be a limited apology though, confined to an admission of interfering with Iranian domestic affairs.

It was us? I thought it was the UK and then the UK and Russia invading during ww1 deposing Shah Pavali and his son took the throne which was the Shah we were friendly with.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you diplomacy when you have the bigger stick

Whatever works, better then bending over and saying pretty please use grease.

Yea I can see ISIL recruiting videos now " and then, the west apologized for past transgressions, let's step up our attacks."

Yep I can see it too "Look the Great Satan is showing weakness, it's time to attack. Aloha Snackbar"

A single nuke costs us around $1.8M. What benefit would we get from nuking Iran that justifies that kind of taxpayer expense?

A nice quiet neighborhood for the next 1,000 years .

I was going to say a warm feeling of satisfaction, but your answer works as well.;)

Haha no more iran would make for a quiet neighborhood?

Quiet subdivision anyway.

Alright other than the utter bs propaganda being spoutted, where In the world do get the idea that America is projecting weakness? Because we aren't invading countries left and right anymore? What was America strong at the height of the iraq and afghan wars?

obama_bow_1381505c.jpg

Probably has something to do with obummer bowing to everybody including the burger king , his calculus keeps changing and let's not forget nothing has been done about Benghazi .

Yep. Or perhaps his numerous apologies for everything under the sun to just about anyone. Except perhaps when he's wrong when it involves a white officer(s) or a "white" hispanic.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    After last night I'm thinking **** an apology let's get an Army of bull dozers push the mexicans down into South America with other latino folks , move Israel into the "new , new mexico " where they can be safe and turn the whole freakin ME into a nice quiet neighborhood for the next 1,000 years .

Seems like we'd solve a few problems that way .

Top Bottom