• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    It only depends on what you're used to and what you practice with. Years ago there were proponents for three-dot in all the gun magazines. Then it was the bi-color set up.

kids run to line up behind the latest scheme and disavow whatever went before so they can be avant-garde.

My oldest brother J-B Welds a spent shell with the primer punched out for a "ghost ring" to the back. He can out shoot ALL of you! Use the sights in front of you and you will learn to be great with them.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My 2 cents, take it for what its worth, lining up your sights in any configuration, on a range in day light, shooting at paper, with your favorite pistol is all well and good, shooting at someone(s), shooting back, under stress, under any condition, is what it takes. I prefer 3 dot green, as thats what I have trained on for years. In the day, at night, after an academy work out, in the rain, in the snow, in the mud, from a car, from a truck, whatever works for you. Youtube and magazine pistoleros, have good ideas and new concepts combined with new technology. I have a few guns, I have plenty of different types of ammo, I shoot paper as much as I can, but when it all comes down to it, my G-23, loaded with Win PDX-1 180 gr .40, and plain jane 3 dot green Trijicons works best for me, time after time. Until we come up with the fire and forget it round, its you, and your training that will bring you home. Hopefully.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When you get old and your vision starts going, you'll need all the help you can get. The three dot setup works well for me.:)

Top Bottom