• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgarman47

File Jockey
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 8, 2023
    Ossian
    No experience on a revolver; but plenty on rifles.

I moved here from Pennsylvania, where the rifle pictured on their advertising (a Remington 760/7600) with Ironsighter mounts was one of the defacto rifle configurations for deer hunting. As a gunsmith I got to remove many, many of those mounts from customer's rifles.

They are very cheap, easily distorted alloy. Combined with the height and poorly engineered design (curves aren't strong), they are extremely easy to bend enough to lose zero. If they aren't bent, they're loose. This often resulted in customers using too much of or incorrect strength loctite which made my job of removal more difficult.

I genuinely don't think I can say a positive thing about the "merits" of that product.

Have you ever heard folks talk about having to re-zero their hunting rifle every year? I'm not talking about a shot or two to confirm, I'm talking a full re-zero. That was very common back in PA. A love for sub-$200 scopes and garbage mounts like Ironsighters was almost always to blame.

themaintman

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2023
    Evansville
    No experience on a revolver; but plenty on rifles.

I moved here from Pennsylvania, where the rifle pictured on their advertising (a Remington 760/7600) with Ironsighter mounts was one of the defacto rifle configurations for deer hunting. As a gunsmith I got to remove many, many of those mounts from customer's rifles.

They are very cheap, easily distorted alloy. Combined with the height and poorly engineered design (curves aren't strong), they are extremely easy to bend enough to lose zero. If they aren't bent, they're loose. This often resulted in customers using too much of or incorrect strength loctite which made my job of removal more difficult.

I genuinely don't think I can say a positive thing about the "merits" of that product.

Have you ever heard folks talk about having to re-zero their hunting rifle every year? I'm not talking about a shot or two to confirm, I'm talking a full re-zero. That was very common back in PA. A love for sub-$200 scopes and garbage mounts like Ironsighters was almost always to blame.
    Thanks! I picked up a set for my rossi revovler (S&W 19 clone) was hoping to have a scoped revolver cheap. Sounds like I'll get what I paid for.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom