• mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    [quote=fireblade;3667384]Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblade

i bet you most LEO's will confiscate guns if it became a law ........:twocents:

lol .....you are blind ........federal law can become become state .......with a pen.... and you never addressed the statement i made as a whole.....which was :

yes and no ..... until the goverment take away all modern guns like AR platforms and magizne feed weapons but the police have them agaist the people and the people don't ......there you have your police state with more to come.........:patriot:

funny how you ingnored the part if the public don't have modern weapons and the police do ...its the image of a police state.......your avatar says it all..........:patriot:[/quote]

The thing is, if it does become law, those who are not willing to enforce it (Denny as a possible example) will lose thier jobs and be replaced with those who are eager to inflict such tyranny.
    That is the way it works. Tyranny feeds upon itself and grows.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hmmm, last I looked, I can't enforce Federal law. I couldn't during the last ban either. I gave a friend an evil post ban 13rd G23 mag when he needed a mag as I had extras back in 2000 or so.

Two problems here. First and most obvious, what do you do when a federal law includes one of the infamous unfunded mandates for the states and the local PDs to join their party directly or otherwise extorting the states into passing parallel legislation? Second, how does it work out for the majority of us who do not have any friends with badges who help us circumvent the purpose if not the letter of the law?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fireblade

lol .....you are blind ........federal law can become become state .......with a pen.... and you never addressed the statement i made as a whole.....which was :

yes and no ..... until the goverment take away all modern guns like AR platforms and magizne feed weapons but the police have them agaist the people and the people don't ......there you have your police state with more to come.........:patriot:

funny how you ingnored the part if the public don't have modern weapons and the police do ...its the image of a police state.......your avatar says it all..........:patriot:

Lots of thing COULD HAPPEN, it's not quite as easy as a pen stroke. The world is full of COULD BE and WHAT IF. I try not to dwell too much in make believe land. I was an officer during the last ban and can only judge the future by the past. IF (big IF) there is a new ban it will likely be written much like the last where only the Feds (ATF) can enforce it and they only wanted us to contact them if the "banned items" were used in serious crimes or of a much larger organized ring. They did care one iota about mag possession, 922r compliant rifle. etc. But what do I know? It's not like I am friends with ATF agents, or have family that are ATF agents. My opinion (and it is just that) MUST be less qualified than some of the couch commandos currently posting. I mean, it's my job. It's much more fun to scream about the sky falling and how we (LEO) are just waiting to run house to house kicking doors and taking your guns. BTW My avatar is a reflection of idiot postings from the past. I know...it's probably over your head.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Two problems here. First and most obvious, what do you do when a federal law includes one of the infamous unfunded mandates for the states and the local PDs to join their party directly or otherwise extorting the states into passing parallel legislation? Second, how does it work out for the majority of us who do not have any friends with badges who help us circumvent the purpose if not the letter of the law?

Federal money to PD's is all but dried up...what are they going to stop funding? States STILL don't have to pass the legislation. States take Federal money for the interstate highways with the speed/seatbelts/DUI strings attached but the highways take billions of federal funds (they were built by the feds originally) to maintain them. Law enforcement/criminal justice is not in the same predicament. While there are grants that we get for equipment and some for hiring, we stopped getting hiring money years ago and equipment is not a big loss. I think you are giving the Feds to much credit on their ability to influence my job and how I do it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Federal money to PD's is all but dried up...what are they going to stop funding? States STILL don't have to pass the legislation. States take Federal money for the interstate highways with the speed/seatbelts/DUI strings attached but the highways take billions of federal funds (they were built by the feds originally) to maintain them. Law enforcement/criminal justice is not in the same predicament. While there are grants that we get for equipment and some for hiring, we stopped getting hiring money years ago and equipment is not a big loss. I think you are giving the Feds to much credit on their ability to influence my job and how I do it.

Perhaps, but unfunded mandates, although out of vogue since the pushback against the huge cost of Clinton's pet 'motor-voter' law can still happen without the states agreeing or acting in any way. A future ban may or may not be similar with the 1994 ban and may or may not simply require state and local law enforcement to act regarding it. The bottom line, as with most legislation full of trojan horses, is that we won't know what's in it until it gets here, assuming it doesn't get dropped into the shredder where it belongs.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Lots of thing COULD HAPPEN, it's not quite as easy as a pen stroke. The world is full of COULD BE and WHAT IF. I try not to dwell too much in make believe land. I was an officer during the last ban and can only judge the future by the past. IF (big IF) there is a new ban it will likely be written much like the last where only the Feds (ATF) can enforce it and they only wanted us to contact them if the "banned items" were used in serious crimes or of a much larger organized ring. They did care one iota about mag possession, 922r compliant rifle. etc. But what do I know? It's not like I am friends with ATF agents, or have family that are ATF agents. My opinion (and it is just that) MUST be less qualified than some of the couch commandos currently posting. I mean, it's my job. It's much more fun to scream about the sky falling and how we (LEO) are just waiting to run house to house kicking doors and taking your guns. BTW My avatar is a reflection of idiot postings from the past. I know...it's probably over your head.

ISRA Urgent Alert - Illinois Near Total Gun Ban January 2nd!

keep your blinders on sir;) .....it can happen ....... your statement... we (LEO) are just waiting to run house to house kicking doors and taking your guns. ......funny it happen during Katrina didn't it ......

i do hope you are right that it never happens ....but it can .....i have been there i have been ordered to unarm americans .I refused i suggest taking that block off your shoulder .....BTW i have been there and did that but it's probably over your head.:patriot:

427TriPowered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    resurrection for relevancy... yes... a police state... now more than ever...

me and miss cleo are as one... im at 33 posts... frank_n_stein will bait me for my 34th post... butts i will resist...

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I suspect as long as there are approximately as many firearms as population in the United States, we won't qualify as a "police state." Pendulums tend to swing back and forth and we are overdue (I hope) to swing back toward more individual freedom. We aren't quite there yet, because we haven't completely spent other people's money yet, but we're getting there. I suspect there will remain enough stubborn citizens in the country, willing to resist any attempt to disarm them, that any further attempts by the current administration will fail miserably. But unless you've been to Vietnam, East Germany, one of the SSRs, or China, you don't know what a police state looks like from the inside; even South Korea, for all its visible police and military presence in the cities, isn't a "police state" as some of you conceive one to be.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We may not be a police state but we're definitely a nanny state. And it doesn't even require government involvement.
    Amen to that. My fellow citizens call us all the time to kick their kids out, make them go to school, tell other family members to not be disrespectful, get money from someone, arrest someone for saying something mean to them, etc...People WANT us in their business, we are not forcing our way into people's private lives. We are welcomed in with open arms.

Top Bottom