• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    A car guy myself, been a car guy since I was a youngin' (Who am I kidding, I'm 20 I'm still a youngin' huh?).

I was just curious if anybody else here is into the car scene. Performance, classics, American, Foreign, low riders, whatever makes you happy. :rockwoot:

So what do you guys have? Personally I just have a passion for cars. One of my dream cars would be a 68 Z28, some day. I also really want a Deuce and a half, girlfriend tells me NO. :xmad:

Currently I've got two cars, both Japanese. One is a 1972 Datsun 240z. It's got an 83 280zx turbo engine swapped in it with some custom goodies, fuel injectors from a turbo supra, aftermarket fuel pump and fuel rail. Some upgrades here and there. Drive line goodies, some poly bushings in the suspension. This one is my play car, its always breaking because I'm a broke college kid, but I make due with what I've got! :ar15:

My daily driver is a 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (Mommy bought it, no shame :dunno:) Has STI springs, a nicer touch screen DVD/NAV system in it. An exhaust and intake. Just your standard ricer mods, not huge wing or anything majorly ridiculous. :laugh:

So, let's hear it. What have you got?

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I too enjoy vehicles that move quickly. I've owned a variety cars. A h/c/i nitrous notch, a lsx swapped h/c/i 5.3 Rx7, and most recently a bone stock 35k mile 05 STi. My son is going to kick my ass when he finds out about the cars I've owned and sold. haha

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    glad I'm not the only one. I'm on my second 96 firebird... v6/5speed.

PLans include a complete suspension overhaul and a 6speed trans.

Its my daily driver for now, but soon to be the project.

My next car will be a Mini Cooper S.

Oh please, you are certainly not the only one. I've owned a total of 11, 3 of which I built from the ground up. I'm more of a 3rd gen fan myself but I have had a couple 2nd and 4th gens. Sadly they are all gone now, but hopefully in the future I will be able to get another one...or five :D

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Oh please, you are certainly not the only one. I've owned a total of 11, 3 of which I built from the ground up. I'm more of a 3rd gen fan myself but I have had a couple 2nd and 4th gens. Sadly they are all gone now, but hopefully in the future I will be able to get another one...or five :D

My dream would be a 71 TA. My problem is parting with them. Even though the first one was wrecked and had a bad engine (courtesy of a trade with the second one), I still had a hard time scrapping it. I yanked almost all the good parts off that first one...

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My dream would be a 71 TA. My problem is parting with them. Even though the first one was wrecked and had a bad engine (courtesy of a trade with the second one), I still had a hard time scrapping it. I yanked almost all the good parts off that first one...

I had a 70 Firebird for a while. Absolutely gorgeous. Except that the frame rails were so rusted you couldn't move it. The back half of the car was pretty much held on by the quarter panels. Ugly stuff. Purred like a kitten...just couldn't go anywhere. Would've loved to get that on up and going....

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    ooooohhh good thread.

I've got a 2000 Ford Lightning. Basically did everything I could do it until I needed to build the lower end. When I figured I would spend $10-12K on that cause I would have to add a 3.3L Whipple....I ended up buying a 05 ZX6R instead to have options. Kawi is now gone and replaced by an 06 Hayabusa. Of course the Busa has the standard PCIII, small airbox mod, full Ti exhaust.....and -1/+2 sprockets....and other cooling/cosmetic/electrical upgrades.

Then I have to worker of the family, 2003 F250 CC w/ 7.3L. Running Jody's programs with a CatBack and AFE intake. 6" Lift with 37s.

Good amount of horsepower was in this garage.....looks a lot different now, lol.
    DSC00264.jpg

Me:
    img_7547.jpg

Wife:
    d5293.jpg

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a 70 Firebird for a while. Absolutely gorgeous. Except that the frame rails were so rusted you couldn't move it. The back half of the car was pretty much held on by the quarter panels. Ugly stuff. Purred like a kitten...just couldn't go anywhere. Would've loved to get that on up and going....

My dream would be to get one in **** shape and rebuild it, but there's only so much patching you can do.

Top Bottom