• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've noticed that alot of the prepper channels I follow on Youtube have been talking more and more about nuclear war the past few months. These same channels were talking about a pandemic in late 2019/early 2020 so I tend to research what they talk about a little bit.

I'm just curious if anybody else is seeing this trend and preparing for it? I've got Mira safety gas masks and filters. I was looking at getting a few more masks and a case of filters. I'd probably get a few sizes of full chemical suits, a Geiger counter, and a book on Nuclear survival.

Is anyone else concerned about this or would this be money wasted?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    yeah...have to agree with this perspective. Just make sure you're on good terms with Jesus and get ready to meet him.
    As Indy is on the priority hit list and we are on the west end of it there is no prepping. Just wait for the blinding flash of light and the ensuing melt down.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    There is a "nuke us first" target 700 yards from my back door. If we go full shoot out, I'm not even gonna know what happened.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If a few were to make it into coastal ports, and not MAD, maybe it could be considered a nuclear war.

Let's say Iran gets ahold of some and sends a few to the east coast, a few to the west coast, and the rest to Israel. In Indiana, total survivability from that. The absolute chaos from that would make everything incredibly disrupted.

Food, goods, fuel, everything. Scarcity unknown to modern the American.

Now if a China or Russia decided for whatever reason to attack, I'd just hope the builders of those devices get it wrong enough that they don't all work as intended. But here's to hoping.

Really have a bottle I'm waiting to open for a special occasion. I'd rather open it for something good, but if I am already half dead I'll still try to open it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Everybody thinks they're likely the priority target or near enough one.

Same with growing up near Flint Michigan. You'd hear all the time: "We'll be ground zero pert near"

I used to think to myself as a teen: "God, I hope so"...

Top Bottom