• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I seem to recall an article before the internet, "There's more to nuclear war than global annihilation." Or something to that effect.

As I said above, there's a lot to worry about nukes getting popped off in Europe say, without us being hit with nukes. I recall, one last ditch plan against the Soviets invading Europe was to use tactical nukes to close up the tunnels they'd have to pass through.

An EMP over North America will put us into a fan full of sh!t that's survivable, if you keep your head and are prepared (otherwise sign up as a guard at the FEMA camp to get extra rations for you and yours, until the food runs out, and then watch out for the shakes.)

Maybe I read "The Survivalist" to much for my own good...

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    There wont be a nuclear attack by the Chinese or Russians. Our world economy is to intertwined.

The Old asshats telling the ppl to push the buttons would lose to much money.

A dirty bomb from some crazy ppl are more likely. Which will be population centers.
    Yes I don't imagine a scenario where we are experiencing a "500 target" nuclear hit. If indeed we are, then we are at a global nuclear war of such scale that likely humanity and most of the planet is destroyed.

If we had one or 2 somewhere in the country, enough to affect us then I would hope for enough notice to get some family, friends and neighbors in the basement with some food and water. Those of us who are somewhat older but capable of functioning physically would perhaps be the first to go out on any needed errands. Let the younger ones stay in as long as possible with the hope of them avoiding the worst of the radiation effects so they might have a somewhat full life left.

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    There really isn't any way to be "prepared" as we can only guess what the results of this would be. Going beyond basic preps involves radiation shelters and detection equipment, but then how long, if ever, before you can start over.
    Also my thought. I read an article that stated some things about staying put indoors, shield your eyes, face, body, etc. from the initial "light" flash (temp blindness), and take every step to shower if you are even mildly exposed to radiation. If you have a basement even better.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It's not financially or logistically feasible for my wife and I to prepare for nukes...

If nukes fly, and we survive the blast and it's immediate aftermath, we will dutifully serve our cockroach overlords until cancer kills us.

NOTW86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Around
    Thought about it but honestly being so close to Indianapolis it seems like money wasted. Prepping for other scenarios such as famine is more of a focus for me now

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Thought about it but honestly being so close to Indianapolis it seems like money wasted. Prepping for other scenarios such as famine is more of a focus for me now

I’ve got about $1000 bucks wrapped up in it at this point and feel pretty confident. Just need a truckload of sand for the sandbags for a makeshift bunker in my tall crawl space.

I have a newborn that’ll be here in a month and I don’t even know where to start prepping for him nuclear wise. It’s stressful

Top Bottom