Is asking people about their carry weapon okay?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    These are boobs:

d_cup.jpg

what are boobs?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Glad to see that most dont mind answering. Like was pointed out, its the same if someone asks about your ride. I know when i drove my Jeep, I had more then a couple people ask me about it, and with carrying, its a great way to meet like minded people (usually) as well as get information out.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I OC regularly. I wouldn't mind someone asking questions about OC or what type of pistol I carry. If you are going to OC then you are to some degree inviting questions either from LEO or fellow gun owners. I will say I would not be thrilled if an anti gun owner decided to try to debate with me my choice. Don't want to lose 15 or 20 minutes of my life in a futile argument.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I CC my boobs.

As for the topic, though... It's not a far stretch to imagine that people shopping in a gun store might be carrying. If you study them long enough, you can make the concealed carry method they chose.
    Even if they aren't printing, subtle hints give it away. (The repetitive tug on a shirt tail that's not hung up on anything... or the way new-ankle-carriers walk... etc.)

People like CXI wouldn't like me...because at work, I always ask. :D
    "Hey, whatcha carrying there in [name location]?"
    Always get a :eek: ...then a :n00b: ...then a :D which usually leads to a proud description of whatever it is. (To which I normally reply "nice choice"...cuz nobody wants to think they have an ugly baby. :): )

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Since I am not willing to drive to the 1500 to get INGO swag (like a hat or shirt) that identifies me to the rest of the INGO 'family'. OC is the next best thing. Have met more than one INGO member because they saw the sidearm and struck up a friendly conversation.

Wow, did I just admit on a public forum that I OC for attention... My reasons for OC'ing are many, and attention really is not one of them. Meeting other like-minded people is just a benefit of my carry choice.
    :sheep:Most of the sheeple just mutter under their breath and move on.

Feel free to ask questions if you see me. Just remember, the type of questions you ask initially will definitely determine the tone and length of the interaction!!!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I CC my boobs.

As for the topic, though... It's not a far stretch to imagine that people shopping in a gun store might be carrying. If you study them long enough, you can make the concealed carry method they chose.
    Even if they aren't printing, subtle hints give it away. (The repetitive tug on a shirt tail that's not hung up on anything... or the way new-ankle-carriers walk... etc.)

People like CXI wouldn't like me...because at work, I always ask. :D
    "Hey, whatcha carrying there in [name location]?"
    Always get a :eek: ...then a :n00b: ...then a :D which usually leads to a proud description of whatever it is. (To which I normally reply "nice choice"...cuz nobody wants to think they have an ugly baby. :): )
    That sounds dangerously close to schmoozing! Are you paid on commission or something?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't mind at all. I've had folks stop and ask about my Jeep, about my truck, so why not about my gun? If I'm in a hurry, you might get a short answer. But, if I have time, I don't mind chatting about something I'm obviously interested in.

Top Bottom