• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well honestly, we could have just linked the new guy to the discussion... ;)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I thought the link had been posted already.

2AforLife1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2022
    Indianapolis

I appreciate the link.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why is it that when open carry comes up in a new thread, people are quick to try and quarantine the discussion to a single thread started almost 13 years ago? Is there any other subject where this happens?

Am I allowed to start a 9mm vs 45 thread? :)
    Yes, and yes. You can start whatever thread you want.

I think the main reason people pointed back to the standard oc vs cc thread is because just about every argument for either side that can possibly be argued was argued in that thread.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I think the main reason people pointed back to the standard oc vs cc thread is because just about every argument for either side that can possibly be argued was argued in that thread.
    Are we in the same place, culturally and politically, that we were in 2010? What other topics should be similarly quarantined, since they've already been discussed and universal truths found?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are we in the same place, culturally and politically, that we were in 2010? What other topics should be similarly quarantined, since they've already been discussed and universal truths found?
    That thread has the entire history of the argument including the cultural updates. I don’t think it has to be the only thread that can exist on the topic. It’s a good point of reference to point people to. I don’t think anyone is pushing for mods to merge this one into that one.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    That thread has the entire history of the argument including the cultural updates. I don’t think it has to be the only thread that can exist on the topic. It’s a good point of reference to point people to. I don’t think anyone is pushing for mods to merge this one into that one.
    My point is that I've not seen any other topic on INGO that will bring out the quarantine squad like this one.

OC.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's why I didn't say all... ;)

I've seen numerous of both post on here against it. Glad to hear there are some who are advocates.

I won't mention names, but my favorite trainers hosted a bigger name regional/national trainer. We were all going to dinner after the class, when the big name guy got in my ear about John OCing into the restaurant. "Hey we're gonna have to talk to John about that. He can't be doing that..." :lmfao:

Top Bottom