• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Was at a Cummins building this weekend with my BIL. Noticed sign stating "no weapons of any kind allowed" near entrance. Made me wonder. So, once I returned home, I checked a list (there are several) of Anti Gun companies and sure enough....Cummins Inc was listed. I found this "interesting" because I would guess many of the Dodge/Cummins Ram owners would be pro gun.

Just a thought.

-G

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would hazard to guess that most manufacturers like Cummins, GM, Ford, etc. prohibit firearms on their property. I know GM is this "anti-gun" in that they are not allowed in their plants. Heck, even a lot of gun stores are "anti-gun".

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Cummins executive management is ate up with leftie philosophy...including same sex marriage, abortion on demand, outlawing gun ownership, and special rights for homosexuals.

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Can you back that up with facts or is it just conjecture on your part?

Careful now....I do think it's well know around Southern Indiana that Cummins is (Overly) concerned/interested in social engineering. I once asked my BIL if Cummins had ever quantified (in sales) how their Domestic Partner, Affinity Group, and Diversity Initiatives had led to the sales of more or better engines. His response was "They would fire you for even thinking about asking that question".

-G

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Careful now....I do think it's well know around Southern Indiana that Cummins is (Overly) concerned/interested in social engineering. I once asked my BIL if Cummins had ever quantified (in sales) how their Domestic Partner, Affinity Group, and Diversity Initiatives had led to the sales of more or better engines. His response was "They would fire you for even thinking about asking that question".

-G

I'm not sure if it's how I'm reading it or if it's the huge nosebleed I just had but what does this mean?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

-G

Oh, I fully agree that they have done everything in their power to be as "politically correct" as possible, but they are hardly the only company or institution to do so. In case you weren't aware, even the military now has to be all warm and fuzzy with all sexual-orientations, religions, sects, etc., etc. And when the church where we had been members for many years decided that they had to go along with the denomination's stand on ordaining openly-practicing homosexuals and performing same-sex marriages (in states where its legal), we decided that it was time to move on.

The question, though, related to the existence (or absence) of any official Cummins, Inc. corporate policy "outlawing gun ownership". Maybe your "BIL" can fill us in on that. (I'm assuming that "BIL" equates to brother-in-law.)

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    worked with a guy at a Delco plant in Anderson, he always wore bib overalls. under the bibs he worea pair of shorts with a neat little 38 snubbie in the right front pocket. He wasn't the only one that carried cc. Get caught, get fired. That is the policy of most mfgrs.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Cummins executive management is ate up with leftie philosophy...including same sex marriage, abortion on demand, outlawing gun ownership, and special rights for homosexuals.

Yep, Sometimes 2-3 times a week Cummins puts out Statements on the Wacko Left wing agenda, They have not only bought into it are proud that they are the world leaders in it. But don't mind for a minute to advertise ad a Home town Values type company

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I live in Columbus, have friends and family that work there. From what they all say, it's a very liberal company but I know they have a lot of employees from different countries. So I would guess, and this is my opinion only but the folks that work there bring their culture and social ideas to Cummins.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I live in Columbus, have friends and family that work there. From what they all say, it's a very liberal company but I know they have a lot of employees from different countries. So I would guess, and this is my opinion only but the folks that work there bring their culture and social ideas to Cummins.

Well, Lord yes. I used to work on the NH assembly line with guys who were from Hazard and Whitesburg! :):

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Well I was die hard cummins until they announced a V8 in a nissan....now another reason for an LMM duramax for my next pickup

Yeah, well, Dodge had the first chance at it. They've decided to go with a VM Motori engine in the Ram 1500. I hope they pi$$ in their own spaghetti!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom