• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I received a notification from Freedom Munitions saying they had 25 lots of 500 rounds of.380 in stock @12:40pm yesterday. I placed an order for 500 rounds 12 minutes later.

Less than an hour later, I thought "Hmm...that was a pretty good price, maybe I should up that order to 1000 rounds." Too late, they were already out of stock.

Well, at least I grabbed 500 rounds before it was too late, but man was that fast! Anybody else have trouble finding decent priced .380 ammo? I see it around town for like 50 cents per round for fmj, brass case, that like .44 magnum price, geez!

I think it was a good price...New, fmj, brass cased, 95 grain came out to 36.8 cents per round, including shipping...

is there anywhere that has decent price .380 on the shelf?

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I thought it was just me, I have found self defense rounds a couple of times at Cabelas, but no range ammo on a shelf anywhere I shop, This for the last year.

augdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sheridan
    i go to the Walmart at 146st and 31. In the last month when i check out the ammo they will have 3 or 4 boxes of 380 on their shelf.
    The salesman told me they usually get 380 every week. Have not had 38 or 22 for months.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I bought a box of the UMC 250 rd megapacks at Dicks at Traders Point on 86th St in Indy yesterday. They still had 3 or 4 left around 5 last night. $99 each.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They only had 25 bulk packs of 500 rounds to spread out all across the country to people who visit the site, and they sell out less than an hour?

Lasted longer than I thought it would

Figured since you got your order in 12 minutes after the notification it would have been gone by then. you got lucky

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I load my own so no worries on finding it. My wife said first thing this morning "Let's go load some Ammo". Sorry guys she's mine and you can't have her. :):

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I bought a box of the UMC 250 rd megapacks at Dicks at Traders Point on 86th St in Indy yesterday. They still had 3 or 4 left around 5 last night. $99 each.

I will have to keep that in mind...that's a good price for off the shelf at 42 cents a round after tax....I went to dicks one time to check ammo, they had 85 grain 9mm fmj, 20 rounds for $16.99. I said no thanks...they must have gotten better.

raptorracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    .380 ammo is usually much easier to find then .357 or 22.LR around plainfield.avon.indy area. I reload 380 for my wife and it is very tedious work. THe shells are so tiny for my fat fingers but is well worth it. does not use very much powder so relatively inexpensive to reload. Finding the once fired range brass is hard for me to understand. Why is .380 brass more expensive then 38 special or 40?

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive actually seen 380 fmj ammo in stock a number of times at my local WalMart but have still yet to see any bulk packs in stock there an its going on well over a year since Ive seen a bulk pack. So Id say for at least were Im at its not to tough to find.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    I thought it was just me, I have found self defense rounds a couple of times at Cabelas, but no range ammo on a shelf anywhere I shop, This for the last year.

Blythes in Valpo had the reloaded ammo they carry. I was there for the Christmas shoot and wanted to shoot my p3AT. I couldn't find it locally for a reasonable price so figured I'd finally start reloading for it. I loaded up 100 rounds so I'd be able to shoot, got to blythes, and saw that they had several boxes for not that bad of a price (I do not remember the price, but I believe it was easily under 50 cents. I didn't pay that much attention since I had 100 rounds (and 35 was about all I could shoot out of the p3AT ;-) ). I don't know if they sell that remanufactured ammo for normal sale or if it is only for range use.

Top Bottom