• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is George Zimmerman Guilty of a Crime.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    following a person

following a person is not illegal but I think it could be construed as unwise....this may work against him making him look like a vigilante.....i also heard that there were a lot of robberies in the area so maybe Z was sick of it....i dont think he followed him to kill or shoot him...i wish the eyewitness would grow some balls and speak...i just dont know what happened but i dont think it was murder...manslaughter--probably not because i think he acted in self defense....if the 17 year old was beating him up and threatening his family this could prompt a deadly response....
    It sounds like to me that if Zimmerman did not present his weapon until Mr Martin was fighting him then the 2nd degree murder wont stick. But without an eyewitness to the start of the fight then I can't see how they can make the 2nd degree stick.
    If Mr Zimmerman pulled the gun and tried to "arrest" Mr Martin and a fight occurred then I can see where they would have a case.
    The prosecution has the obligation to provide evidence to show that beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was not self defense. He is innocent until found guilty.
    A more scary thought is what will happen if he is acquitted? The race card has been so hyped up in this case that I worry about backlash!

To me the one key missing fact is who initiated the physical contact that led to the shooting. I could care less if Zimmerman followed Martin, that is not illegal.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Thank you..... I was NOT trying to imply that only black loot and burn.... I just wanted to see some pics of white kids doing it....
    I mean if you are going to go down that road... then at least give some good examples....

Last edited:

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    There's a simple reason why blacks are stereotyped as rioters: they do so in far greater numbers, and far more often, than whites. Blacks commit a much larger percentage of crimes in this country than their percentage of the population. This isn't racist or hatred....it's just simple numbers. Statistics don't take sides. They aren't racist. They just tell us what's truly happening in our society. Some of you bleeding-hearts really need to quit whining.
    I see it as proposition betting...
    What are the odds of rioting occurring if Zimmerman were to be acquitted? Well, if you look at the history of this type action/reaction in the recent history of the United States.... I would lay money on it...
    Not racism to make such a statement.... just a matter of probability and statistics....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There's a simple reason why blacks are stereotyped as rioters: they do so in far greater numbers, and far more often, than whites. Blacks commit a much larger percentage of crimes in this country than their percentage of the population. This isn't racist or hatred....it's just simple numbers. Statistics don't take sides. They aren't racist. They just tell us what's truly happening in our society. Some of you bleeding-hearts really need to quit whining.

Poor white people riot in far greater numbers than rich black people. In fact, poor people in general riot far more often than rich people.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Thank you..... I was NOT trying to imply that only black loot and burn.... I just want to see some pics of white kids doing it....
    I mean if you are going to go down that road... then at least give some good examples....

?

Anyone that missed the recent "white" OWS riots all over the nation obviously has some truth issues.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    ?

Anyone that missed the recent "white" OWS riots all over the nation obviously has some truth issues.
    You obviously have some problem with reading comprehension.... That is what I just said.... I never implied that they don't...
    I merely suggested that a previous poster could strengthen his statement with a better comparison than the one he gave....
    Please try to keep up....

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    You obviously have some problem with reading comprehension.... That is what I just said.... I never implied that they don't...
    I merely suggested that a previous poster could strengthen his statement with a better comparison than the one he gave....
    Sorry... I had a miss print in my post... "want" should have been "wanted" and the change in tense could have been misleading....

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

His picture was of a riot. So your idea that it did not represent whites rioting and was a " celebration" was silly in the first place.

Reread some of the other posts about infering it is blacks that riot.

And try to keep up yourself.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    His picture was of a riot. So your idea that it did not represent whites rioting and was a " celebration" was silly in the first place.

Reread some of the other posts about infering it is blacks that riot.

So try to keep up yourself.
    Flipping over a car is not a riot.... I was just saying that he could give a better example and better examples have been given...
    and if you see my correction.... you would understand....
    I DID want to see some pics of whites truly burning and lootng to give some perspective on on the matter....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There's a simple reason why blacks are stereotyped as rioters: they do so in far greater numbers, and far more often, than whites.

This statement has some validity, if you are referring to a specific period of time. Maybe from the early 1960s until today. However, if you examine history, it wasn't black people who were rioting prior to this time, it was white people. But, there is a significant difference in the kind of rioting that has taken place in our society. Black people tend to destroy their own neighborhoods and property, while white people destroy that which belongs to others. Both are known to inflict bodily harm and even kill those who don't look like them when they are in this violent mode.

Blacks commit a much larger percentage of crimes in this country than their percentage of the population. This isn't racist or hatred....it's just simple numbers. Statistics don't take sides. They aren't racist. They just tell us what's truly happening in our society.

If there are 10 black people and they all commit a crime, that's 100%. If there are 100 white people and 30 of them commit a crime, that is only 30%, but which would you fear more? On the other hand, black people are convicted at a much higher rate, so looking at my example, what would anyone think when the 10 black people are on the news and also 100% of them are convicted of their crimes, but only 10 of the 30 white criminals are convicted, and with much less fanfare?

Some of you bleeding-hearts really need to quit whining.

I don't think this conversation has demonstrated many "bleeding-heart" sentiments. I would say it's simply a demonstration of several differing opinions, which is not all that bad. I'm sure any number of people on this board can come together and have civil discourse on this topis and if we are willing to hear what is being said, lessons can be learned and a better understanding can be garnered about each other.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    N
    Something definitely failed but I'm not convinced it was the thread.

You and this thread have failed miserably. This has been tried before right here on INGO https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/133415-semi_driver_mangles_school_buses.html :noway::noway:

serpicostraight is an ass and should be banned, he brings nothing of value to this site. NOTHING. That's what you should have made this thread about, not his chosen profession.

I know his kind, he is the guy in the back of the truck stop looking for lot lizards EVERY NIGHT. He's the guy who tries to back into the easiest spot 20 times before giving up and parking next the scales. Then he goes into the truck stop and brags about how good of a driver he is. He probably works for Swift or Schneider because nobody else will hire him. I'm even willing to bet his wife left him for another woman. Probably a woman cop. That would explain a lot now wouldn't it?

Now Phylodog, I'm not sure if you've ever read any of my posts or not. I have spent time defending cops when they were right and bashing the ones who were wrong. Here is the last cop thread I have posted in https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/200464-another_punk_with_a_badge.html I see you even posted in there. As far as I know only 1 truck driver was bashing cops there and 1 truck driver was defending cops. When will you look into the professions of everyone else and bash them?:popcorn:

Now Phylodog is on the same worthless list as serpicostraight.

Interestingly enough I logged in a week ago to look into become an advertiser on this site and came across this thread first. I'm glad I did, I wouldn't want to spend my money not only supporting this site but advertising on it also. Sucks for INGO that those 2 morons are making this site lose money now.

Now for everyone wanting to see a shooter. Here's your chance, ban me PLEASE so I wont even be tempted to come back. I can start spewing off 4 letter words if you need me to. One way or another you will have to ban me and while your at it ban my IP I will get my gun news from somewhere else.

Last edited:

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    If there are 10 black people and they all commit a crime, that's 100%. If there are 100 white people and 30 of them commit a crime, that is only 30%, but which would you fear more? On the other hand, black people are convicted at a much higher rate, so looking at my example, what would anyone think when the 10 black people are on the news and also 100% of them are convicted of their crimes, but only 10 of the 30 white criminals are convicted, and with much less fanfare?
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.... If 100% of a population... regardless of numbers or conviction rates..... then of course you going to mistrust the entirety of the 100% criminal population....

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I think he is guilty of being an idiot. I think he is guilty of being a wannabe. But, at the end of the day, I wish people would just stop harping on this case. I just don't care about it. MSNBC.com had an article on the top of their web page yesterday, all friggin day, about how some artist made a portrait of this guy with skittles. That's news? This country's media really sucks when it comes to news reporting sometimes.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I think what Que is saying is that we, as a society, see more stories about one race being convicted and doing crimes because they are the minority. Studies come out saying that 100% of blacks are committing crimes and only 30% of whites are, but that's because we, as white people, have a larger population, therefore it's easier to make blacks seem more criminalistic due to the lower numbers. Correct me if I'm wrong, Que, but that's what I got from that.

Personally, I truly have no opinion on this other than Z is doomed from the beginning due to "celebrities" throwing in their two cents. I stay away from the media as much as I can, and with no cable that's easy to do. :D

skyscout

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    who knows with this case. i find it hard to believe he will receive a "fair" trial though. how is the DNC going to handle this if he is convicted of murder? I mean he is a registered democrat who happens to be latino?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think he is guilty of being an idiot. I think he is guilty of being a wannabe. But, at the end of the day, I wish people would just stop harping on this case. I just don't care about it. MSNBC.com had an article on the top of their web page yesterday, all friggin day, about how some artist made a portrait of this guy with skittles. That's news? This country's media really sucks when it comes to news reporting sometimes.

You have raised an excellent point about a problem which is NOT going to change. If the media were to return to reporting good old-fashioned who, what, when where, why, and how it would not only foster critical thinking on the part of the general population whom the media wants to tell WHAT to think, not HOW to think, but it would also focus people's attention on the malfeasance at all levels of government and the media complicity in this malfeasance. That said, the media will continue to treat us like mushrooms, doing their level best to keep us in the dark and feed us a bunch of s**t.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

Lies, damned lies, and statistics...

You will also find a much higher correlation comparing crime and socio-economic status as opposed to comparing crime and race...

There is a simple reason why blacks are stereotyped as rioters: In the year 2012, some people still cling to the belief that race is a factor.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    You have raised an excellent point about a problem which is NOT going to change. If the media were to return to reporting good old-fashioned who, what, when where, why, and how it would not only foster critical thinking on the part of the general population whom the media wants to tell WHAT to think, not HOW to think, but it would also focus people's attention on the malfeasance at all levels of government and the media complicity in this malfeasance. That said, the media will continue to treat us like mushrooms, doing their level best to keep us in the dark and feed us a bunch of s**t.
    Read any of Ben Franklin's works lately?

Top Bottom