• ...and so much more!
  • trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    Hey, ease up on the guy. He thinks "ford tough" is a good thing. :nuts:
    LOL hey i like fords to, but i'm old LOL. glock ppl are funny, they get so tense if everyone doesn't fawn over glocks. we are lucky, lots of great gun manufacturers, most are overpriced but a few brands have great quality and great price. more expensive when it comes to guns, doesn't mean it's better.

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    ^^^This^^^

Trigger weight is over emphasized. I was plinking with a Taurus 941 the other day and that has a DA pull north of 15# easy. Yet, one handed, I was making a soda can dance at 7 yards with little effort.

Conversely, I had S&W 586 that had a beautiful SA trigger that I would have sworn was under 2# but it measured 6# on a trigger gage. That SA trigger pull felt wonderful but for carry, the 8# DA was much safer.

Train for what you carry. Light triggers can be dangerous the first time you shoot one while your body is being flooded with adrenaline.

On a side note, I used to put +1 connectors in my Glocks because the wall that it provided more than made up for the 6# pull.
    if trigger weight was a none issue, 9 out of 10 glock users wouldn't have replaced the factory trigger. also completive shooter wouldn't all have very light weight triggers 2-3#. in my younger days i used to shoot competively an never would you find a 4# trigger on any gun at the meets. but i strongly support your right to have your gun of choice any weigh you wish. the good thing is, we all set up our guns the way we like'em. btw, i also replace my p365 trigger because the stock trigger was too heavy for my tastes. my sw41 has a 2# pull an i never touched it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    if trigger weight was a none issue, 9 out of 10 glock users wouldn't have replaced the factory trigger. also completive shooter wouldn't all have very light weight triggers 2-3#. in my younger days i used to shoot competively an never would you find a 4# trigger on any gun at the meets. but i strongly support your right to have your gun of choice any weigh you wish. the good thing is, we all set up our guns the way we like'em. btw, i also replace my p365 trigger because the stock trigger was too heavy for my tastes. my sw41 has a 2# pull an i never touched it.
    I’m not a fan of glocks really but I also don’t agree with your logic.
    I don’t think a 6 lb pull is all that bad.

I have some nicer guns whose double action trigger is 8-10 lbs. That’s not too much for many, many people, hence most Sigs are run stock, or at least ran without modifying that heavy first pull trigger weight.
    I typically run 1” or 1 1/2” groups with my p226’s firing slow, double action, 7 yards.
    I run holes touching/same hole with my CZ’s shooting the same way. Very similar trigger weights. The CZ’s cost less than the Sigs, so there’s not a direct correlation, but I still believe there is a correlation to ‘you get what you pay for’.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Glocks:
    The cons:
    1: the look of a cargo van.
    2: a trigger only sponge bob fans would like.
    3: a grip angle that I shoot high.

The pro's
    1: lasts like a Toyota SUV (add glock to cockroaches and Toyota SUV's as things that survive TEOTWAWKI)
    2: cheap Mags that work for a long time
    3: my MAG mainly owns glock 17/19.
    4: not something I mind selling off or trading with. No personal attachments to them.

I have owned a 21 22 19 and a 17L. Only the 17L remains the rest have been replaced. The 17L was the first glock if TEOTWAWKI happens and I am in my local (or other) group the 17L most likely would be on the hip. The fact of mags could be swapped around with members is nice.

MAG is AR-15/glock 556/9mm users.
    Neither are my favorites but some concessions must be made. If I had my preference in what everyone carried we would be AK-47 / SIG 229 based group. It was easier to build an AR for me from their parts they upgraded than for them to buy a sig and find a good AK.

Sig double action first shot does take lots of rounds to get used to. I find that the take up and break are the same each shot so that does build confidence quickly. The only gun in double action I have shot that had as consistent double action trigger was a colt lawman revolver.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    In my opinion, Glocks are hard to beat, mainly for the price and performance. They can take a beating and be filthy and still perform a basic job. Once you get one and go thru and massage it to be the best it can be, you'll never get rid of it. You gotta start somewhere, so it might as well be a Glock! My personal preference is a G19, however my EDC is a 364.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Glocks:
    The cons:
    1: the look of a cargo van.
    2: a trigger only sponge bob fans would like.
    3: a grip angle that I shoot high.
    1: The look is irrelevant to me, but yeah, it's not a Hi Power or SP-01.

2: I like the trigger, but I've been shooting it for almost 20 years. Glock is coming out with a "single action" performance trigger at SHOT. I have a small amount of trigger time with one and it's decent, but I still actually prefer their regular trigger.

3: As above, I've been shooting them so long that the grip angle is natural. If I switch to other handguns with a substandard grip angle, it takes some getting used to.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've often thought that Glocks looked pretty good in a minimalist way. There are a lot of ugly pistols out there, such as a HiPoint, but I don't think that Glock is among them.

To me, ugly comes from busy designs that have zero added utility.

This is an ugly pistol

4ebdccb621550ce060bd8606b0e5e159.jpg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Late to the part as usual, but what the heck, I can’t miss a good brawl (when’s the next 9vs45 thread kick off?)!

I’ve been running Glocks since 2010. They work. I’ve had maybe two stoppages in mine during that nearly 13 years. One was from ammo, and the other was from an overly torqued light (switched to an X300U-A and it hasn’t been a problem since). That’s it. I’ve shot countless local competitions with my G19 (an early 2-pin Gen3 LEO trade-in), and it’s been amazing. The only changes to it are a (-) disconnector, stipple job, TauDev SCD, and Ameriglo irons. That’s it. The thing runs like a sewing machine.

But lately I’ve been moving away from Glocks. Not really for an soecific reason, just because I’m leaning more towards DA/SA hammer guns lately. I don’t think I’ll ever sell my Glocks, but they do get shot less these days, where as my Beretta LTT 92G gets worked out frequently and it will be joined by a Langdonized PX4 shortly. I started with a Beretta 96 in my late teens, so I’m just returning to my roots. ;)

But yeah, end-of-the-world-you-can-only-have-one, it would be a tough call between my G19 and the 92G, but I think the G19 would get the nod.

As for them being the “be all, end all?” I don’t think such a thing exists, but they get close, even if they are a little utilitarian in the looks department. ;)

trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2023
    indiana
    oh those vp9s are so sweet feeling in the hand. i'd say those are probably the nice grip of any gun i've ever held. an they happen to be a good gun, not as great a trigger as the walters. not much can beat a walter for price, trigger an quality. a couple but not many.

mousegun87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mead
    I’m looking to purchase my first do everything gun. I’m someone who hunts and camps often and am looking for something to also daily carry. I have interest in a Glock 30s due to the reliability and simplicity of the gun. I’d like to hear others input on the situation. Thank you.
    You cannot go wrong with a Glock 19 as an all round do anything pistol. If you want a 10mm then a Glock 20 is a very versatile gun.

Top Bottom