• Status
    Not open for further replies.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Okay Okay I am sure that everyone was super alarmed with me being gone for a while.... NO ingo isn't dying.... Don't mind me I am a no body...
    I just got busy with life and returning to college and all that happy Jazz.
    Then One bored day I decided to log in again... I now know why I left.. INGO is addicting...
    There is a new breed of Gun owners out there.. Believe me...
    The bottom line is. People no longer are able to tell the difference between the Internet and the real world. Their egos/self esteem are now extended on their Net rep.
    Once upon a time you could pretty much surf the Interwebs and find well everything. Data that just seems to have vanished (research) Or it is more guarded now. Not sure. And of course things you never wanted to see and still don't want to stumble upon.

With all that being said the earlier days of the internet people still had a social life and there was no such thing as "social media"

Boards like INGO were called Bulletin board systems. In Fact these threads are similar to those in a weird way. But there is a substantial face lift.

None the less it is what is, people get busy, they move, they die, or they just frankly lose interest.

What ever the reason that people come and go is well their business.

Ingo Looks to be going as strong as it was when I left.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Some of the so called old timers like to give the newbies a hard time just because its easy to be a tuff guy on a computer and they know you will never meet them face to face and if you did you wouldn't know who they are "its just the click thing"....... Its just words anyway so don't let it end up in butthurt.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I decided to come back this time and use the same username. I was told INGO was a sinking ship about 4 or 5 years ago. Still going. I'd give this place another 6 months to a year.. Enjoy the ride !
    So, what you're saying is INGO and the Lifetime LTCH are going away at about the same time?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The "polital correctness" label is a bunch of crap. Ask people to resist downing people and they get butthurt. I've seen the cool kids leave INGO twice and it still goes on. Maybe it will come to an end at some point, but maybe that will be the return of the old days when people could disagree without being intentionally hurtful. If people really don't like INGO, they can just log out or request to be banned. This has happened before and new user names were created soon after.

PC is the new butthurt.

Que is on it!

A handful of folks cannot wrap their head around the fact that what is said on INGO reflects on all Indiana gun owners.
    "Political Correctness" is their cry to say whatever they wish, with reckless abandon. There are places on the web for that. Thankfully, this is not one of them. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Que is on it!

A handful of folks cannot wrap their head around the fact that what is said on INGO reflects on all Indiana gun owners.
    "Political Correctness" is their cry to say whatever they wish, with reckless abandon. There are places on the web for that. Thankfully, this is not one of them. :yesway:

I have been vocal as PC seems to be creeping into every aspect of our lives. Yes, we are seeing it in here like it/admit it or not. It is going to happen. I am not using that as a way to just run amok. I have also stated that we all need to have a set of social filters PC based or not. There is a time and place for all commentary. Figure out where you are and what is accepted there. Carry on.

Ingo is a family oriented site.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'm not leaving. :)

I see this as a good thing. Change or leadership is often needed to refresh things. As for politically correctness making inroads here, where?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    nocensor_zps98540528.jpg

forumresponses_zpse97e0e4a.gif

Fenway is my filter. I shall not want.

laughingseal_zps40869f91.jpg

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I agree with that, but there are also tons of people who go out of their way to explain things to the n00bs and that's what I find great about the place :)

I feel like the oldsters were pretty cool to me when I first started to post here. Even the (very few) times when I made a snarky, smart a&& post here and there, the replies seemed all in good humor.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I enjoy this site. I got mad about a what I still consider a bs ban. I think like most sites the higher ups could really care less about any particular member or group of members. Fact is though I like other members here, I like how the forums are set up and after leaving for nearly a year I came back.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    With 31K members this forum will go on for a while. I was on a military forum for several years that was really strong. It needs to be read the last rights now. Lack of mods, then over-moderation led to the downfall. I had over 3,000 posts on that forum and walked away. I moved to a different military forum with a lot fewer members but with some really good discussion.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have been vocal as PC seems to be creeping into every aspect of our lives. Yes, we are seeing it in here like it/admit it or not. It is going to happen. I am not using that as a way to just run amok. I have also stated that we all need to have a set of social filters PC based or not. There is a time and place for all commentary. Figure out where you are and what is accepted there. Carry on.

Ingo is a family oriented site.
    PCness sucks. Bigotry sucks too.

People like to think that a lack of acceptance of the second is the first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom