• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    In my opinion Mr. Jackson doesn't care one whit about firearms, he is a raciest hatemonger, a tax evader and a criminal. He is raking in millions doing nothing except inciting hatred and profiting from it. Al Sharpton is no better, both remind me of the KKK leaders of the 50's. Any issue that has a chance of being publicized and bringing in donations are their bread and butter. If any of us on this site were proven to have committed tax fraud as Jackson has, we would be espousing our views from the inside of a federal prison.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In my opinion Mr. Jackson doesn't care one whit about firearms, he is a raciest hatemonger, a tax evader and a criminal. He is raking in millions doing nothing except inciting hatred and profiting from it. Al Sharpton is no better, both remind me of the KKK leaders of the 50's. Any issue that has a chance of being publicized and bringing in donations are their bread and butter. If any of us on this site were proven to have committed tax fraud as Jackson has, we would be espousing our views from the inside of a federal prison.

I was with you until you got here.

MPD742

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2014
    Grant County
    He's corruption, uses useless rhetoric, and resolves zero issues in the black community, yet continues to get rich as an advocate. Who but the government is stupid enough to fund him?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I suppose not in the sense of literally hanging people because of their race. But they do share some common traits. They're all racists.

Certainly a racist, and certainly Mafioso-type. He and Sharpton have the race-bait market cornered, and would surely not appreciate sharing their "power," if another person tried to get in on the action.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I don't presume to know you that well. Jackson is DEFINITELY a moron, but I don't know if it just him or not.

Ouch...that kinda hurt a little....brutal... :):

At any rate, I was not wanting to get into anything racist. I wanted to post an article that I had read. Many here post articles they read on the net, that's all I was doing. I apologize for where it went.

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Jackson said: "Street gangs are more armed than the police are."

So, does this put him at odds with Obama's executive order banning the "militarization" of police?

Having asked that, Jesse seems to have become a joke punchline over the past few decades. Ditto for Sharpton.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    “This is not about gun rights, it’s about civilized behavior. It’s about increasing life options.”

If it's not about gun rights, and instead, about civilized behavior, then why protest guns and not protest acting in an irresponsible manner. If you want more life options, protest against fathering children with multiple women and supporting none of them. Protest women having multiple kids with different fathers and then doing nothing to raise them except cash the government checks they bring. Protest parents allowing their kids to be raised on the streets instead of in their home.

Solving the issue of violence by banning weapons is like solving the drunk driving issue by banning the manufacture and sale of new cars.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    If it's not about gun rights, and instead, about civilized behavior, then why protest guns and not protest acting in an irresponsible manner. If you want more life options, protest against fathering children with multiple women and supporting none of them. Protest women having multiple kids with different fathers and then doing nothing to raise them except cash the government checks they bring. Protest parents allowing their kids to be raised on the streets instead of in their home.

Solving the issue of violence by banning weapons is like solving the drunk driving issue by banning the manufacture and sale of new cars.

This would be admitting fault with alot of people. It's easier to blame something else, guns in this case, than admit to the problem

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This would be admitting fault with alot of people. It's easier to blame something else, guns in this case, than admit to the problem

This is what I've concluded after spending many, many hours discussing this with my very "progressive", very anti-gun SIL, who I think epitomizes the "national conversation" about guns progressives like to have. It's a difference of world view.

It IS about the gun. First, there is something magical about guns that turns any ordinary citizen into a murderer just by touching one. Second, owning or carrying a gun implies something nefarious about "gun people" in general. It's not just to avoid admitting fault with people. They have no problem admitting the fault is with gun people. Just ask them. They'll tell you.

My SIL is part of a popular culture shifting its world view to a belief that owning guns is a vice, something immoral. Guns' sole purpose is to kill people. Killing is immoral. Therefore owning guns is immoral. That's the world view. She gets to that conclusion by munging certain facts and then projecting her pseudo-moral self righteousness onto others.

We all pretty much agree that murder is immoral. Killing is not always immoral, depending on context. But she doens't believe that. She declares, of course oozing all the smarmy self righteousness that this statement implies, that she would not kill even if it would save her own kids' lives. She thinks that doing so is still immoral. And she imposes her morality onto everyone else, asserting that because it is immoral to kill anyone for any reason (except an unwanted pregnancy, of course) anyone who would carry an instrument of death is an immoral person.

So it's not just about admitting fault with people. These people are just plain bat**** crazy.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    This is what I've concluded after spending many, many hours discussing this with my very "progressive", very anti-gun SIL, who I think epitomizes the "national conversation" about guns progressives like to have. It's a difference of world view.

It IS about the gun. First, there is something magical about guns that turns any ordinary citizen into a murderer just by touching one. Second, owning or carrying a gun implies something nefarious about "gun people" in general. It's not just to avoid admitting fault with people. They have no problem admitting the fault is with gun people. Just ask them. They'll tell you.

My SIL is part of a popular culture shifting its world view to a belief that owning guns is a vice, something immoral. Guns' sole purpose is to kill people. Killing is immoral. Therefore owning guns is immoral. That's the world view. She gets to that conclusion by munging certain facts and then projecting her pseudo-moral self righteousness onto others.

We all pretty much agree that murder is immoral. Killing is not always immoral, depending on context. But she doens't believe that. She declares, of course oozing all the smarmy self righteousness that this statement implies, that she would not kill even if it would save her own kids' lives. She thinks that doing so is still immoral. And she imposes her morality onto everyone else, asserting that because it is immoral to kill anyone for any reason (except an unwanted pregnancy, of course) anyone who would carry an instrument of death is an immoral person.

So it's not just about admitting fault with people. These people are just plain bat**** crazy.

Scarey world we live in today, I feel bad for my kids.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Scarey world we live in today, I feel bad for my kids.

:+1:

It really is a crazy world. What passes for morality today is beyond my comprehension.

Top Bottom