• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    This is a government who's policies, dictates, enforcers, and agencys you will tolerate?

12-year-old ordered to take pregnancy test

12-year-old ordered to take pregnancy test
    [SIZE=+1]Counselor hears 'rumor,' mandates student confirm it

A lawsuit has been filed against a California school district after a counselor ordered a 12-year-old student to take a pregnancy and return with the results – based on a rumor.
    Civil rights advocates at the Pacific Justice Institute filed the suit against the Nevada City School District.
    "Parents have enough to worry about with sex being taught in public important without now having to wonder whether their daughters will be forced to take pregnancy tests," said Pacific Justice President Brad Dacus. "This was a clear breach of parental trust."
    The legal advocacy group said the lawsuit focuses on the actions of a counselor who "forced a student to take a pregnancy test at school without her parents' knowledge or consent."
    [/SIZE]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Imagine that, 12 year olds start rumors. I suspect that "counselor" isn't the coldest beer in the fridge. A classic example of power exerted by people who wouldn't survive if breathing required cognitive effort.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    While I hate the idea of a school asking for a student to give to a preg test, I dont see why folks are getting up in arms about this. A school district wants to conduct a preg test to determine something: Could be a rape case, could be a sex with an underage person, etc... Also the Pacific Justice Institute is not a government related situation, just a bunch of folks with money and nothing to do than to sue people, sort of like the ACLU. Personally, I dont think there is enough information here to make a judgement against the school district or the sueing group.

Realistically, if a pregnancy test is needed by the school of an investigation of alleged wrongdoing, then I dont see anything wrong with it. Also, the student could have been taking time off from school and using this as an excuse. In a "no child left behind" situation, the school probably wants proof to keep people off their backs. We had someone become pregnant at Central Catholic in Toledo, OH when I was going there. The school asked for a pregnancy test when she asked for time off from school, certain accomodations be made that would have cost the school money, etc.. She submitted and they made the accomodations proudly, but the thing I didnt like was they stepped up the "no sex until after marriage" thing BIG TIME in the religion classes (now if you want to hear about the education system being used for brainwashing, go to a Catholic School, yes you get a better education, but have to sit through Catholic indoctrination classes where they degraded women's roles in society and said her place is to only have kids and lots of them after marriage).

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=arial, helvetica]this is bad. not sure if its worse than mandatory Gardasil (std vaccine) for 10yr old girls, but its bad.[/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]

another abuse of power
    another usurpation of our Liberty

reminds me...

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]'WHEN in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][SIZE=-1]We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security. '[/SIZE][/FONT]

...just saying.

Last edited:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    There is no reason in the world that gives a school counselor the right to invade MY daughters medical state. Period. The counselors are there to assist kids with education. They are not there to investigate rape accusations or rumored medical conditions. If there is a question about a child's condition, the school needs to contact PARENTS. This was not a random drug test, which by the way, parents must submit consent forms for. How is THIS ok? It's invasion of privacy at it's highest.

Parents are responsible for their kids. Parents should be responsible for their kids birth-control tests.

:twocents:

inxs

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    I think it would even out in the end as I would be countersued for beating someones A**

They have a law hereabouts that forbids anyone, other than school employees from raising their voices in school. I was really the target of that law. If this happened to my daughter, there would be another law, same subject as above, and I'd probably be the target once again. (sigh)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    What about the so called gardasil (the drug that prevents cervical cancer caused by ceretain std's.) 3 states have passed laws where schoolage girls HAVE to be vaccinated for this. The CDC and FDA are going along with it saying that 11 and 12 year olds should get it. Its happening all over the place.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    What about the so called gardasil (the drug that prevents cervical cancer caused by ceretain std's.) 3 states have passed laws where schoolage girls HAVE to be vaccinated for this. The CDC and FDA are going along with it saying that 11 and 12 year olds should get it. Its happening all over the place.

For one it only prevents certain strains of HPV. It is not that much of a wonder drug like the vaccine for small pox or the mumps.

Lets not for get that the FDA is riddled with board members that are part of pharmaceutical company's payroll. So of course they would approve a drug!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    For one it only prevents certain strains of HPV. It is not that much of a wonder drug like the vaccine for small pox or the mumps.

Lets not for get that the FDA is riddled with board members that are part of pharmaceutical company's payroll. So of course they would approve a drug!

I'm fully aware of it. I was just pointing out that the government will push a lot of stuff thats infringing.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN

First off, I won't let my girls near that drug. Until there are sufficient data on the long-term effects of it I think we'll take our chances with the cervical cancer. Hell, they could end up growing an extra nose on the side of their neck or something!

Now, with that said, let me add that I understand your point. However, it isn't the SCHOOL that is requiring that vaccination. The school doesn't force vaccinations in the nurses office... they have no business forcing pregnancy tests either.

For the record, I don't think states should have the right to force that particular vaccine either. It's not like cervical cancer is contageous.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Doesn't make it right, and you can still refuse to do so. You can take it to court and call it unConstitutional. Which is what it is. They can't force me to give my kids drugs I do not trust, nor know if it will give them adverse side effects. My daughter has ADHD and doesn't use FDA approved drugs. We use herbal supplements and they work just fine. She was on meds, but not anymore. I will not feed my kids drugs that have worse side effects than the symptoms.

That said, no school will go behind my back and take a rumor as gossiple and force my kids to do ANYTHING without my consent. They have to call us here in Plainfield to give our kids anything stronger than an ice pack. Need Pepto? Tylenol? Call the Parents. Pregnancy test? Yup, call the parents. Behavioral problems, you guessed it, call the parents. They force my kids to do ANYTHING like this and We will all be in Court suing each other for damages.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom