• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    First off, I won't let my girls near that drug. Until there are sufficient data on the long-term effects of it I think we'll take our chances with the cervical cancer. Hell, they could end up growing an extra nose on the side of their neck or something!

Now, with that said, let me add that I understand your point. However, it isn't the SCHOOL that is requiring that vaccination. The school doesn't force vaccinations in the nurses office... they have no business forcing pregnancy tests either.

For the record, I don't think states should have the right to force that pareticular vaccine either. It's not like cervical cancer is contageous.

Hey believe me, I'm on your side on this one. Especially since the maker of that drug (merck) has had numerous million dollar lawsuits from deaths that occured from that heart medication they came up with a few years ago.
    Also, at least indiana has a religious exemption on vaccinating...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    There is no reason in the world that gives a school counselor the right to invade MY daughters medical state. Period. The counselors are there to assist kids with education. They are not there to investigate rape accusations or rumored medical conditions. If there is a question about a child's condition, the school needs to contact PARENTS.
    That got rep'd.:yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It was exposed that many of the people who work for the FDA also work for many of the drug and food companies they are suppose to be regulateing. All exposed by the same guy who wrote the books "Cure They Don't Want You To Know About". And let me tell you, those things in those books WORK. I've tried many and none have failed me or my family yet.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northside Indpls
    That is a common misconception... yet very untrue.

I'll have to disagree, the FDA and CDC are government entities (is entities the right word?) how or why do you think these drugs are getting put on the shelf faster than they can properly test them? They are funded by the pharm companies to "test" their new drugs, and the faster that they get put on the shelf = more $$$.:twocents:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    It was exposed that many of the people who work for the FDA also work for many of the drug and food companies they are suppose to be regulateing. All exposed by the same guy who wrote the books "Cure They Don't Want You To Know About". And let me tell you, those things in those books WORK. I've tried many and none have failed me or my family yet.

I'm sure it happens. But to spite what the media would have us believe, not all drug and food companies are out to getcha. You'll always find a bad seed here and there, but it's the same with any industry. There are bad people everywhere.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I'm sure it happens. But to spite what the media would have us believe, not all drug and food companies are out to getcha. You'll always find a bad seed here and there, but it's the same with any industry. There are bad people everywhere.

I am not saying that they are out to get us. My point is wee just can't trust them like everyone thinks. They need oversight and scrutiny just like any other government organization.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not saying they are out to get us, just our money. Most EVERY drug on the market has worse/more side effects than the ailement it's suppose to treat. In other Countries they are using procedures and medicines that are curing diseases. The FDA won't allow them here. I wonder why. If you grow a plant that cures herpes, you can't say it cures herpes. You have to pay (last known fee) $1 million to get a license to sell a drug, and another few million to have it tested. If they approve it, THEN and ONLY then can you sell it. Oh, lest I forget about the patents... But it must be called a drug because according to the FDA, only a drug can cure a disease. That is FDA regulation. Look it up in their code. I'm too lazy to rumage through thousands of pages of code to find the right one right now. sorry. :p

I do not trust the FDA. Yes I take some medicines, but only if I HAVE to. Then again, I have a strong immune system. Partially because I don't take medicine. Hardly ever that is. If you shove your kids full of drugs, their body's immune system will break down, instead of growing stronger, and rely on drugs to fight illness. If you don't take meds while you are sick, your body's white blood cells learn to fight the illness. Yes, when you get to a certain point, you have to give it some help. Don't take a full dose. Take half a dose, skip a day, etc. Of course I'm talking colds, flus, headaches, pain, etc. Nothing serious like CANCER, CRABS, or CRAPOLO. :D

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm not saying they are out to get us, just our money. Most EVERY drug on the market has worse/more side effects than the ailement it's suppose to treat. In other Countries they are using procedures and medicines that are curing diseases. The FDA won't allow them here. I wonder why. If you grow a plant that cures herpes, you can't say it cures herpes. You have to pay (last known fee) $1 million to get a license to sell a drug, and another few million to have it tested. If they approve it, THEN and ONLY then can you sell it. Oh, lest I forget about the patents... But it must be called a drug because according to the FDA, only a drug can cure a disease. That is FDA regulation. Look it up in their code. I'm too lazy to rumage through thousands of pages of code to find the right one right now. sorry. :p

I do not trust the FDA. Yes I take some medicines, but only if I HAVE to. Then again, I have a strong immune system. Partially because I don't take medicine. Hardly ever that is. If you shove your kids full of drugs, their body's immune system will break down, instead of growing stronger, and rely on drugs to fight illness. If you don't take meds while you are sick, your body's white blood cells learn to fight the illness. Yes, when you get to a certain point, you have to give it some help. Don't take a full dose. Take half a dose, skip a day, etc. Of course I'm talking colds, flus, headaches, pain, etc. Nothing serious like CANCER, CRABS, or CRAPOLO. :D

No need to rumage for code on my account. I agree. The FDA should be held responsible just like the pharma companies. Doctors and insurance companies should too for that matter.

A little pharma fun fact for you... it costs an average of $500,000,000 (half a billion) to get a "drug" tested and ready to present to the FDA for approval. That doesn't include any extra testing that could be required, marketing, manufacturing, sales, etc.

Maybe if we ever get together we can discuss in person. I love to shed some light on the matter when I can.

Woops! I guess we kinda hijacked this thread eh?!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Something is way out of whack :yesway:
    Yep.
    Personal experience:

When my girl was a freshman (new school, new kids, new everything), a couple of upperclassman football players were hassling her. At first it was verbal raunchy stuff. Then when it moved to one of them touching her hair and saying something horrendously crude, my girl slapped his hand away and pointed at his face saying "If you so much as touch me again, I'll rip your friggen arm off and beat you to death with the bloody end!" (I do not know where that kid gets her mouth).:dunno:

That night I get a phone call from the principal saying that she's going to get called in to the guidance office the next morning and will get a 3-day out of school suspension...for a death threat. To two football players. If you saw my kid, you'd realize how cartoonish that even sounds...
    Well, the phone call was the first I'd even heard of anything.

I had her sit down and tell me what the heck was going on and after she told me the whole thing, it would be a fair statement to say that I was a little ticked. OK, it would be a grand understatement.

Anyhow, I call the principal back and relay the goings on and basically he says in so many words "your kid is the new kid, thus less reputable", even after ADMITTING to me on the phone that these two boys have done this crap before more than once! But he was still going to call them all separately to the office for their stories. W.T.F.??

Bottom line, TweedleDumb and TweedleDumber blamed each other, couldn't get their stories straight, etc. and over the next few days the counselors ended up believing my girl and called me to let me know they were pressing charges for sexual harrassment against the two boys.

*blink* *blink*

After talking to my girl, she said she didn't want anything to do with it, and frankly decided to call it "Over" since a few days had passed with nothing eventful happening.

If you've read this far, God bless you for your patience...hang in there, the money quote is coming...

When I told the guidance people this, they said, "It doesn't matter. We don't need her permission or your permission or even need her name. It's a charge brought by the school, not the student."
    So there ya have it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My new favorite pic...

Epic-fail-guy-ruin.gif

I kinda tried to keep it on track.... Kinda.... :dunno:

EPIC FAIL GUY! AWAY!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If you've read this far, God bless you for your patience...hang in there, the money quote is coming...

When I told the guidance people this, they said, "It doesn't matter. We don't need her permission or your permission or even need her name. It's a charge brought by the school, not the student."
    So there ya have it.

Oh I'm a good listener. Unless my kids are leeched to me... :p

Meh, Public school, Pubic school. Whatever. They need a complete revamp. Every school needs a good public review. Students interviewed. The whole shabang. Too many schools get away with too much crap. Your story, the OP, schools passing kids because they can throw a football... :noway:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Yep.
    Personal experience:

When my girl was a freshman (new school, new kids, new everything), a couple of upperclassman football players were hassling her. At first it was verbal raunchy stuff. Then when it moved to one of them touching her hair and saying something horrendously crude, my girl slapped his hand away and pointed at his face saying "If you so much as touch me again, I'll rip your friggen arm off and beat you to death with the bloody end!" (I do not know where that kid gets her mouth).:dunno:

That night I get a phone call from the principal saying that she's going to get called in to the guidance office the next morning and will get a 3-day out of school suspension...for a death threat. To two football players. If you saw my kid, you'd realize how cartoonish that even sounds...
    Well, the phone call was the first I'd even heard of anything.

I had her sit down and tell me what the heck was going on and after she told me the whole thing, it would be a fair statement to say that I was a little ticked. OK, it would be a grand understatement.

Anyhow, I call the principal back and relay the goings on and basically he says in so many words "your kid is the new kid, thus less reputable", even after ADMITTING to me on the phone that these two boys have done this crap before more than once! But he was still going to call them all separately to the office for their stories. W.T.F.??

Bottom line, TweedleDumb and TweedleDumber blamed each other, couldn't get their stories straight, etc. and over the next few days the counselors ended up believing my girl and called me to let me know they were pressing charges for sexual harrassment against the two boys.

*blink* *blink*

After talking to my girl, she said she didn't want anything to do with it, and frankly decided to call it "Over" since a few days had passed with nothing eventful happening.

So there ya have it.

Bravo to you for standing up for your little girl. And a bigger bravo to her for standing up for herself!
    clap2.gif

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    While I hate the idea of a school asking for a student to give to a preg test, I dont see why folks are getting up in arms about this. A school district wants to conduct a preg test to determine something: Could be a rape case, could be a sex with an underage person, etc... Also the Pacific Justice Institute is not a government related situation, just a bunch of folks with money and nothing to do than to sue people, sort of like the ACLU. Personally, I dont think there is enough information here to make a judgement against the school district or the sueing group.

The school district picks these kind of morons to put in a position of authority over children. The morons do not do these things on a whim with out at least the implied aproval of their supervisors. The state set's up these institutions and over empowers them.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Realistically, if a pregnancy test is needed by the school of an investigation of alleged wrongdoing, then I dont see anything wrong with it. Also, the student could have been taking time off from school and using this as an excuse. In a "no child left behind" situation, the school probably wants proof to keep people off their backs. We had someone become pregnant at Central Catholic in Toledo, OH when I was going there. The school asked for a pregnancy test when she asked for time off from school, certain accomodations be made that would have cost the school money, etc.. She submitted and they made the accomodations proudly, but the thing I didnt like was they stepped up the "no sex until after marriage" thing BIG TIME in the religion classes (now if you want to hear about the education system being used for brainwashing, go to a Catholic School, yes you get a better education, but have to sit through Catholic indoctrination classes where they degraded women's roles in society and said her place is to only have kids and lots of them after marriage).

None of those responsibilities belong with in the state or the schools scope of authority or responsibility.

The taxpayer is on the hook to provide an education OPPORTUNITY, not to provide that opportunity regardless of a person's deliberate actions to make themselves unable to take advantage of it.

The state and the schools need to keep their nose in their own business and stick the job they are getting paid to do. They can't even handle that much from what I've seen of them the last 20 years.

Top Bottom