• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    I have a DPMS A-15. Its about 3 years old, always kept in a hardcase with styro lining, only has about 150-200 rds through it. Anyways my friend has been hounding me to sell it and keeps asking me what I want for it, Ive been offerd $1000 by someone else who loves ar's. I was gonna tell him that I would sell it for 1000 does anyone think that is too much, oh yeah, it has a 6 pos stock, flat top with removeable carry handle and 16" barrel, and I cleaned it after every range trip and re-lube and inspect it every couple months of storage.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I have a DPMS A-15. Its about 3 years old, always kept in a hardcase with styro lining, only has about 150-200 rds through it. 1) Anyways my friend has been hounding me to sell it and keeps asking me what I want for it, Ive been offerd $1000 by 2) someone else who loves ar's. I was gonna tell him that I would sell it for 1000 does anyone think that is too much, oh yeah, it has a 6 pos stock, flat top with removeable carry handle and 16" barrel, and I cleaned it after every range trip and re-lube and inspect it every couple months of storage.

1) I would think you would mean me but I haven't talked to you in ages. :D

2) Another describing factor of me :):

So call me all ready damn it.

On a side note, I haven't priced AR's recently but $800 seems to be a good deal for the buyer/seller. $1000 seems to favor the seller My :twocents:.

EDIT: F-Obama and the mark up. Gunbroker shows a nice mark-up. Then again they are on the high side usually.

Last edited:

Brandan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    West Side
    I love it how everyone freaked out and are now charging double the price in some cases for rifles. . . . Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. I am assuming you paid somewhere around $600 for it?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The market is a free one. $1000 is not highway robbery in the least, today, due to constraint on supply. You surely paid less, but you were not looking to go out and make a profit, someone came to you and said "Will you sell this for $1000?"

$900-1000 is perfectly normal for that right now and nothing to be badgered over.

Now some people will tell you that you should never sell yours for more than what you paid. I disagree. Market value goes up and down. Sometimes you lose, and sometimes you gain. Mostly you will break about even. Furthermore, think about it as replacement value. If you had to go out today and replace it, what would you pay?

Don't try to rip the guy, but you don't have to sell for less than you want so long as the buyer is happy with the price.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    $900-1000 is perfectly normal for that right now and nothing to be badgered over.

Yup, supply and demand. Saw people paying more than 1000 for the same DPMS AR's that I'd seen for $200 cheaper six months ago.

Parts are getting scarce and people don't want to wait.

glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    The market is a free one. $1000 is not highway robbery in the least, today, due to constraint on supply. You surely paid less, but you were not looking to go out and make a profit, someone came to you and said "Will you sell this for $1000?"

Now some people will tell you that you should never sell yours for more than what you paid. I disagree. Market value goes up and down. Sometimes you lose, and sometimes you gain. Mostly you will break about even. Furthermore, think about it as replacement value. If you had to go out today and replace it, what would you pay?

Don't try to rip the guy, but you don't have to sell for less than you want so long as the buyer is happy with the price.

Thats what I was thinking, Yes I did pay less, by like 50 bucks or so, I payed somewhere in the ball park of like 900-950 and my dad bought a RRA at the same time for like 990. Replacement value is exsactly what im thinking of, I really like my DPMS but Id like to have a POF or SOG, or atleast a Bushmaster. I was looking at prices and the A - 15s from dpms are going for like 1300 and up now, usualy I seen them at like 1500, I doubt he will buy it at this price, but then again, I dont want to see it go unless I can get enough to buy a new one, either way he should have traded me the car for it like I asked, then I could have sold it for more than he did(wich trust me he could have got more, not to bash him we are good friends but he knows he could have got more). I apreciate the input guys, I didnt think I was being unfair but not everyones opinion of themselves are acurate, oh and I forgot to mention it would have been comming with 3 30rd mags, 30 tracers and 60 winchester jhp's

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Unless you have backup, or two, or three I would not be selling any AR. Period.

Well, OK if he is a Friend and not just a buyer that is just looking to buy.

Last edited:

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County

I agree with Techres! (Rep to you!) $1000 is not too much. Don't lose money, but don't charge an outlandish amount for it either. Unless you are wanting to fund another project or just REALLY need the cash, I wouldn't part with that AR just yet. :twocents:

glockman22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle
    Truthfully I dont plan, or really wanted to get rid of it, I opted to put my bike up for sale instead, wich will get a reduced price soon if it doesnt sell in a couple days. I would only sell my ar if I could infact afford, and have in my hands a new one, or the one I want(I drool over the pof's and sog's) I think I might actually mod mine if I sell my bike after I fix the jeep.

huawilso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    New Castle, In
    I agree with you all now is not the time to sell AR-15 type rifle, however if you must a $1000.00 is not to much. Supply and demand determine the going rate. If you can sell it for that then that is what it is worth to the buyer.:ar15:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    woohoo

So what some are saying to sell for what you paid.I bought a hk g3 in 1983 for $800 and that is what the selling price should be.:chillout:

yeah, thumper. when you sell that g3 for $800 you put me at the head of the line, OK? G1 at the seymour gunshow a coupla weeks ago was $2800. wish I'd bought a safe full in '83.:wallbash:

Top Bottom