Is It Worth Buying a Suppressor Right Now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    Keeping in mind that the election is less than a few weeks away, and with the threat of H becoming the winner. . .

Of course it is with these pending threats that I come across THE two suppressors I want at a price I can afford. My problem is, I'm concerned that there will be some form of Executive Action addressing NFA items, delaying, if not halting movement on approval.

I've seen several similar issues with a couple of friends whose SBR paperwork has been repeatedly stalled by asinine reasons (such as "please include item's serial number" when the serial number is already on the paperwork, etc.).

I'm concerned about having a couple thousand dollars held up somewhere while the paperwork is stalled/delayed/halted. The suppressors won't leave the dealer's and the dealer can't return them for a refund and I doubt that any manufacturer is going to refund all that money of others caught in the same situation.

Now. . .am I being too. . ."paranoid?" Should I just go pay for them, turn in the paperwork with the taxes and hope for the best? I could also see them advancing existing applications and not accepting any new ones, i.e., basically grandfathering stuff in.

Suggestions?

The Professor

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I would have gotten two by now and been waiting for my stamps if I didn't have so many medical bills. Your last line is likely where things will start so go for it. Don't know how it will all turn out til the election but I have wanted one for a while now. Just never seem to have the money to do it. IF I had one I could go at night and try out some night shooting, so far the noise is the trouble with the places I shoot. Was told if I had a suppressor, I could but not without one. It would be nice to see how I shoot at night with my PVS-14 but that will have to wait for now. I would surely get into line for a suppressor if I had the money.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I pulled the trigger on a Form 1 suppressor this summer, probably still have months to go but I got in under the efile deadline by a week or two. Something tells me we will have queen hildabeast for several years before she strokes out and her idiot VP choice isn't any better. Things could have been worse for us gun owners under Obama, but I fear the queen has enough dirt on people to force some bad things through Congress and some ****ty SC justices. She is not afraid to play hard and dirty, Obama was too incompetent to take advantage of what he had his first two years, but she won't.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just do it and wait.

If you keep delaying you won't get your cans any quicker

IF something pops up regarding NFA, for starters it's a huge IF because people who own NFA items and paid the tax aren't generally hood rat criminals. Also, the gummerment would have to admit how much money they take in from taxed transfers.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I would have gotten two by now and been waiting for my stamps if I didn't have so many medical bills. Your last line is likely where things will start so go for it. Don't know how it will all turn out til the election but I have wanted one for a while now. Just never seem to have the money to do it. IF I had one I could go at night and try out some night shooting, so far the noise is the trouble with the places I shoot. Was told if I had a suppressor, I could but not without one. It would be nice to see how I shoot at night with my PVS-14 but that will have to wait for now. I would surely get into line for a suppressor if I had the money.

Ill let you shoot with my suppressors, both pistol and rifle, if you let me shoot at your places with NVGs (though I have to send mine in for repairs :().

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    IF something pops up regarding NFA, for starters it's a huge IF because people who own NFA items and paid the tax aren't generally hood rat criminals. .

neither were full auto's but look at what happened to them!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Yeah it's worth it. Just do individual.
    Shops are getting supressors back in stock, so you can take your pick now.

I'm still waiting for my Silencerco Omega (form 4 submitted 7/5/16) as well as my SBR (form 1 on-line submitted 7/9/16)

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Ill let you shoot with my suppressors, both pistol and rifle, if you let me shoot at your places with NVGs (though I have to send mine in for repairs :().
    OK, I will see if I can work it all out. Sounds like a deal, LMK when you have your suppressors back from the mothership.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, I just don't get it. People think about panicking and then run off in strange decisions.

Remember when Obama was first elected in January 2009? Everyone in the state of Indiana ran out and got a LTCH as if Obama had been elected Governor of Indiana. Inexplicable.

Buy a suppressor, just don't use the election as a stalking horse. Just go do it.

If you are worried about the election, you should be buying lowers and mags, but you have had 12 years to do this.

We ladies of Boston need not buy hats, we have our hats.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah, I just don't get it. People think about panicking and then run off in strange decisions....

No one has yet answered my "what then?" question, posed in 2 threads, about if HRC appoints justices who overturn Heller. It's like time started the moment Heller was decided.

Panic never helps.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    No one has yet answered my "what then?" question, posed in 2 threads, about if HRC appoints justices who overturn Heller.

They will panic buy bows and arrows.

I think it was after Newtown where a guy at the Indy1500 just "had to buy" a "lee-ver action guhn" 'cause that Obama wanted to ban them.

Panics are just stalking horses to buy guns upon which the wife has issued past vetoes.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Don't forget, the NFA used tax code to side step "infringement of the 2nd". All Clinton needs to do is stack the deck on the Supreme Court and she doesn't have to make it illegal, just impossible to obtain.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't forget, the NFA used tax code to side step "infringement of the 2nd". All Clinton needs to do is stack the deck on the Supreme Court and she doesn't have to make it illegal, just impossible to obtain.

OK, I'll play: what does "stacking the deck on the Supreme Court" have anything to do with proposals as to suppressors?

1. What are these proposals on suppressors that you have seen?

The only suppressor proposals I have seen is the liberalization of suppressor use for possession and use at the state level.

2. Why do people neglect real dangers--another AWB or mag ban--to chase butterflies--suppressors, LTCH--through the woods?

Is it like an excuse not to take action or something?

People always ignore the needful and do what they only want to do, so is this butterfly chase just more evidence of this maxim?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The only reason not to buy today, isn't much of a reason.
    I have no stamps pending only because the wait times will be crazy. So I'll wait to buy later, when wait times are shorter. Following my asinine logic? Me either.

If you have found the cans you want, buy them. But, if you're from Boston, I think you need a hat.

Top Bottom