Is our President going to take our guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What makes you think that households "in the city" are represenative of the population as a whole?

You might want to consider that at least 10% of all adults in Indiana possess LTCH. Given average household size and the fact that there are some households like mine (two adults, one LTCH at this time) that means between 10-20% that have a license to carry a handgun. When you add in all the folk who have a rifle or shotgun or who have a handgun either as an heirloom or for "home protection" without having a license and that 50% number starts looking like a conservative figure.

Yes, there's area bias. In the city you might not have 50% (or you might and they might not be telling you), but that's compensated by a much, much higher percentage in rural areas.

I hope you're right. I'm just saying that the vast majority of people I am involved with In the business world have nothing to do with guns and are a little freaked out when the topic comes up. Also, if you check the data on LTCH, I think you'll find it closer to 6% of the population.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    They know that it would be political suicide to try anything like this before the mid-term elections. Who knows what happened in the mid-term elections after the last major federal "crime bill" (i.e. AWB) was passed? (Aptly, named btw, because the bill was a crime.) Free rep to the first person posting an answer.

Therefore, I don't expect this to even be discussed by the Dems before 11/02/2010. That's 403 more days.

Ding, ding, ding. Offer expired. After the last AWB was passed in 1994, the Democrats lost 54 seats in the house and 8 seats in the senate. It took them 14 years to recover. I can't see them making the same mistake twice.

After the mid-term elections, all bets are potentially off; depending on what happens.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Ding, ding, ding. Offer expired. After the last AWB was passed in 1994, the Democrats lost 54 seats in the house and 8 seats in the senate. It took them 14 years to recover. I can't see them making the same mistake twice.

After the mid-term elections, all bets are potentially off; depending on what happens.

After the mid-term elections our job is to keep them worried about 2012. Then, after that, our job is to keep them worried about the election after that, and after that, and after that.

It never ends. It's not supposed to end.

Top Bottom