• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    If I spent the amount of money on copper I spent on silver and gold from the 80’s to 2000 I’d be wealthy now.

I remember when scrap off of construction jobs was ~20 cents a lb.

I would keep all the copper AND nickel I could now. It’s not going down soon. It’s an industrial metal, almost everything today is electrical, that’s it it’s big thing. JMO Not financial advice. Tin is another by the way.
    Copper is used in so many applications I personally believe it's seriously undervalued. Been buying copper for about 10 years now. The biggest problem with buying copper is it has the highest premium. I actually just ordered another 10# this afternoon at the best deal I could find.
    Wow i had no idea i would get this kind of feedback. I figured I'd get a few of those that would say "it takes alot of it to be worth your time". I pull the windings out of motors plus the electrical cords or such. Alot of stuff now uses aluminum wire. Would you believe me if i told you that the big heavy transformer in microwaves use aluminum and not copper wire? I was do mad how long i spent tearing it down only to find i wasted time for nothing. They coat or color it to look like copper.. anyways, i also have a somewhat neatly stacked pile of friges an other scrap metal. Seen it at 270 a ton, but i think that was a rarity or something..

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Wow i had no idea i would get this kind of feedback. I figured I'd get a few of those that would say "it takes alot of it to be worth your time". I pull the windings out of motors plus the electrical cords or such. Alot of stuff now uses aluminum wire. Would you believe me if i told you that the big heavy transformer in microwaves use aluminum and not copper wire? I was do mad how long i spent tearing it down only to find i wasted time for nothing. They coat or color it to look like copper.. anyways, i also have a somewhat neatly stacked pile of friges an other scrap metal. Seen it at 270 a ton, but i think that was a rarity or something..
    In America we have mines for our precious, industrial, semi precious metals. In the orient they mine those metals from land fills. They use land fills as mines. All metals, gold, silver, copper, and all others. A major university I’m aware of has a crew of paid employees that do nothing but remove the metals from all of the electronics the school disposes of. So, yes I believe it.

Pro tip: Never ever touch a down on the ground electric company transformer for the copper. The oil in them is very, very carcinogenic.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Yeah, silver's been kind of flat.
    Indeed, though it is back up a bit this a.m. but nothing like Au. I sold a lot of silver a few weeks ago to raise funds for remodeling a rental property. I figure I'm essentially converting one asset's value into another. I am waiting till silver gets over $25 to sell a bit more, mostly nicer sovereign 1oz & 2oz coins. I still have some bars of various sizes that I eventually will sell but I'm holding those for now.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Truly good times for physical metal bugs, we all like to see those spikes. But some new to the sport may not realize the difference between physical and paper silver. So to that end I’ll say watch the two times daily London Fix. Those spikes and drops don’t mean much in that context. That is the set price recognized in the market for all trading that day, most traders in metals never see an ounce of actual metal, they only trade in paper contracts.

Stackers, carry on. Veteran paper guys you already know this.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Truly good times for physical metal bugs, we all like to see those spikes. But some new to the sport may not realize the difference between physical and paper silver. So to that end I’ll say watch the two times daily London Fix. Those spikes and drops don’t mean much in that context. That is the set price recognized in the market for all trading that day, most traders in metals never see an ounce of actual metal, they only trade in paper contracts.

Stackers, carry on. Veteran paper guys you already know this.

I have very little knowledge about paper PM's, I was looking at some of my PM stocks the other day & 1 was actually worth less than what I paid for it back when gold was lower.

Top Bottom