• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sheesh. First I get accused of violating someone's right to drown and now we are talking about violating someone else's right to be caught up in a twister! I just can't win around here! :D You can lead a horse to water....

Now you're calling us civilians horses...jeesh.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Was at the fair Almost all day on Saturday.

Saw SEVERAL "pro 2A" shirts being g worn by all manner of people.

And, like I tend to do most places, I was looking to see if I could see anyone carrying a firearm.

I didn't notice a single one...Though I'm sure several were present.

RobertaX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple
    Looks like he forgot "Concealed is concealed."

I usually don't carry at the Fairgrounds during the Fair -- the population density is so high (and includes so many LEOs) that realistically, all you'd need to do is raise a hue and cry. (I am careful to avoid quiet cul-de-sacs, but I do that even armed, there's no point making crime easy.) Outside of my work, that's the only place I go where I don;t have a gun. Interestingly, despite the law (administrative code, FWIW) being writtent o include knives, neither my belt-carried Leatherman multil-tool or the knife clipped in my jeans pocket has ever been questioned. And my ex certainly did carry concealed at the Fair. So perhaps it's more of an 11th Commandment/"don't be a jerk" thing.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    My hero.

And what in the wide world of sports does that have to do with the OP? Other than to make you look like an internet badass of course?

I guess I wasn't clear enough... The administrative code needs to be changed... I do know someone on the fair board and will ask that this be presented. The fairgrounds is public property.

And my point about the possible twister was it is no good to go inside a wide open building herded like a bunch of sheep... and the amount of people it was utter chaos. I rather take my chances.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another Bump.

Re-hash: (Unless I've somehow missed a recent development) carrying at the Indiana State Fair is verboten due to the regulations in the Indiana Administrative Code (IAC) - not the criminal code / Indiana Code (IC)

Top Bottom