• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Steel case ammo is not dirtier. What happens is the neck of a steel cased cartridge doesn't expand like that of a brass one, thus not creating as tight of a seal in the chamber. Since the seal isn't as tight, **** blows back into your rifle.

The steel in your extractor is much harder than the mild steel used in a round, so damage shouldn't occur.

I've ran thousands of steel cased rounds through AR's without any issue. If your rifle will run with it, shoot the hell out of it.

Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    I do plan to shoot the hell out of it, just gotta wait for those that thought they where buying gold dump at the new market price of .25 around because so much was bought by "entrepreneurs" who didn't even own a 223 firearm

cobraguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    iv allwasy went back and forth on this just whish i could even find the steel case stuff now everybody still wants crazy prices now

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Southwest of Indy
    I've heard the thing about extractors breaking too, but never from anyone who actually had it happen to them. I shot 1000s of rounds of the steel cased ammo and never had a problem... other than being really dirty. I agree with the previous post about weighing the cost of replacing the extractor against all the money saved by shooting significantly cheaper ammo... that is when prices are "normal."

Top Bottom