• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Did people of color get poor treatment up until Dr. King started his work............Yes. Yes they did.

Has this dramatically changed.......Yes. Yes it has. To the point that riots/looting/beatings etc are glossed over.

I was in school when busing started. I remember very clearly what took place. It was not as people would have you believe.

That said my feelings on this issue revolve around my grandkids and the future they will have. The little terrorists in my avatar and their 10 year old sister are mixed. They are beautiful. The best of all of us. I want peace for them. Nothing more. Just a peaceful society to grow up in.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Racism in this country has become The Boy Who Cried Wolf fairy tale.

Are there racists in this country? Are blacks still discriminated against in this country? The answer to both is sure. Unfortunately the cries of racism have been exploited to the point that I am, for the most part, unwilling to bother with listening when the accusation is made. "They've" overplayed their hand and may as well fold as these deaf ears no longer hear them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Racism in this country has become The Boy Who Cried Wolf fairy tale.

Are there racists in this country? Are blacks still discriminated against in this country? The answer to both is sure. Unfortunately the cries of racism have been exploited to the point that I am, for the most part, unwilling to bother with listening when the accusation is made. "They've" overplayed their hand and may as well fold as these deaf ears no longer hear them.
    exactly how I feel. I just want them to stay the **** away from me with that bs. Stay on your side of the tracks and I mine.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My ancestors are all Kentucky hillbilly/farmers and native Americans. Some did fight in the war on the union side

Same here....John Prine's song "Grandpa Was A Carpenter" has a line that reminded me of my Great Grandpa..

"Voted for Eisenhower....'Cause Lincoln won the war..."

As a side note John Prine's family and my family lived close to each other in Muhlenburg County...I remember the first time I heard "Paradise" I looked at Dad and said, "Are they talking about our family?" and dad said, "No...Our neighbors..." LOL....

We were sharecroppers.....Just like our black neighbors...We ate the same food, run the same trot lines, hunted the same rabbits and listened to the same music...Like Waylon Jennings once sang, "When you live off the land you ain't got time to worry about another man's color..."

The song was banned but thanks to Youtube we can hear it now...Might be a good time to listen to it..

[video=youtube;N2VB7qOT1fk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2VB7qOT1fk[/video]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    exactly how I feel. I just want them to stay the **** away from me with that bs. Stay on your side of the tracks and I mine.

(mod hat is off for this post)

Trigger, I'm confused by your last sentence. You're saying that the racism is BS, but then saying you believe in separating people. I'm NOT calling you out on this, I'm curious what you mean. Are you saying that one group or another should stay separated (by the "tracks") from another, or saying that the "that's racist!" stuff just needs to go away? (which is what I read phylodog as saying)

Again, I am not asking this as a mod.

Blessings,
    Bill

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    (mod hat is off for this post)

Trigger, I'm confused by your last sentence. You're saying that the racism is BS, but then saying you believe in separating people. I'm NOT calling you out on this, I'm curious what you mean. Are you saying that one group or another should stay separated (by the "tracks") from another, or saying that the "that's racist!" stuff just needs to go away? (which is what I read phylodog as saying)

Again, I am not asking this as a mod.

Blessings,
    Bill

Just some comments of my own. There is a constituency of the so-called alt-right that is racist, but perhaps there is another constituency that believes in separate but equal. A lot of people believe that cultures get along better when they stick with their own. I'd rather see society get over it and not give a ****. But people still do give a ****.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just some comments of my own. There is a constituency of the so-called alt-right that is racist, but perhaps there is another constituency that believes in separate but equal. A lot of people believe that cultures get along better when they stick with their own. I'd rather see society get over it and not give a ****. But people still do give a ****.

Knowing "TT" in the real (and I am not speaking for him) this might be something we all feel at times. Those who block highways in mindless pointless protests and nothing is done to them. Those who rob beat and pillage during these same mindless protests. I do not want to be around those people. I do not want to associate with them. I do not trust them. I feel much the same way. Stay away from me and mine. Leave us alone.
    If you wish to live around us and assimilate into the area fine. Mow you're grass and keep your property up.
    If you bring this crap in here then no, take it elsewhere. Until you experience it 1st hand this is hard to understand.

The same argument could be made vice-versa I am sure.
    I too wish society could just drop the entire thing but many are driven by hate. Many more are driven by misinformation and just looking for the "free" ****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Knowing "TT" in the real (and I am not speaking for him) this might be something we all feel at times. Those who block highways in mindless pointless protests and nothing is done to them. Those who rob beat and pillage during these same mindless protests. I do not want to be around those people. I do not want to associate with them. I do not trust them. I feel much the same way. Stay away from me and mine. Leave us alone.
    If you wish to live around us and assimilate into the area fine. Mow you're grass and keep your property up.
    If you bring this crap in here then no, take it elsewhere. Until you experience it 1st hand this is hard to understand.

The same argument could be made vice-versa I am sure.
    I too wish society could just drop the entire thing but many are driven by hate. Many more are driven by misinformation and just looking for the "free" ****.

Okay. That's about behavior and not about race or even culture. TT did qualify it by adding, "with that bs".

So I guess I can agree with it, if it's about behavior. I see white idiots along side black idiots marching in protest over faux victimhood, and the thing that makes them idiots is not which racial or cultural group they belong to but how they're conducting themselves, what they're doing, and why they're doing it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Okay. That's about behavior and not about race or even culture. TT did qualify it by adding, "with that bs".

So I guess I can agree with it, if it's about behavior. I see white idiots along side black idiots marching in protest over faux victimhood, and the thing that makes them idiots is not which racial or cultural group they belong to but how they're conducting themselves, what they're doing, and why they're doing it.

Hence my saying this could be Vice-Versa. Yes, behavior. I should have been more clear in that.

Top Bottom