• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    EDC is a G19. BUG: G21, or a 442 S&W in my coat pocket. (3 Pistol Pete Carry). Add in a Moss 500, 18 1/2 in bbl w/ tactical stocks, sidesaddle, Surefire Light on Rail on Forestock. (Trunk gun, or under front seat horizontal carry) . It's a system.
    Yes G19 is my first choice. Have carried: G27, 23, 22, 17, 19, 21. All work.

Also have available:
    RIA 1911A1
    Metro 1911 Commander
    S&W M10 M&P, 4in.
    All work also.

Last edited:

hdrenollet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2016
    South Indy/Greenwood
    The Glock 19 is my favorite all-purpose and daily carry handgun. First - I have smaller hands, so the size is perfect for me. I just bought my second G19 (Gen 4 this time around), I also carried a G23 for a long time, but went back to 9mm as my caliber of choice.

I'm a big fan of Glock, but I've invested a lot of time and energy into becoming very proficient with this weapon. It's what I'm most comfortable with using in a life-or-death situation. I know what I can do with it, and I know that it'll shoot for me every time I need it to. I have several other handguns that I take out to the range from time-to-time, and they're all great firearms and they are all really fun to shoot (like the HK45).

My preferred carry weapon is the G19. It's accurate, durable, cheap to shoot, easy to maintain, plenty of accessories if you're into that kind of thing. I have nothing but good things to say about this gun, and for me, it is the perfect everyday companion. I'm thinking about going with a single stack subcompact for deep CC as my next Glock purchase.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    For my purposes, if I could only have one pistol, the G23 is the perfect Glock. In an ammo shortage, 9mm is always the first to disappear from the shelves. I have always been able to find .40 ammo, even when I didn't see a box of 9mm for weeks. I can buy a couple of conversion barrels and shoot 9mm to my heart's content, or have a little fun with .357 Sig. Versatility is the name of the game for me when it comes to Glocks.

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    G19 is my favorite glock model. I thought I would like the g26 better for carry. However, after trying both the g19 is a lot better in my opinion.

I've since fell in love with the SA XDM line though. :)

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    For my purposes, if I could only have one pistol, the G23 is the perfect Glock. In an ammo shortage, 9mm is always the first to disappear from the shelves. I have always been able to find .40 ammo, even when I didn't see a box of 9mm for weeks. I can buy a couple of conversion barrels and shoot 9mm to my heart's content, or have a little fun with .357 Sig. Versatility is the name of the game for me when it comes to Glocks.

Goes back to the G20. You can get barrels for .40, .357sig, 9x19, and 9x25, 38 super. Can't get much more versatile.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    the big difference is a "a glock fan boy" has never touched another gun, wont touch another gun, has one of every size, shape, color, caliber! he's the one who wont accept any gun that "gaston" didn't produce!, he thinks that his stock 17/19/22/23/ will out shoot a Wilson/nighthawk/les bear 1911!

I admit im a sig fan boy!, I own 13 handguns(6 are sigs) but one is a glock! and as of now, I've got 2 glock owners who've switched to sig (one had done everything ive done to my glock, PLUS apex trigger, undercut the grip, and stippled his) and his words to me are "you're the devil!"

the other won a gun from the nra(a glock 19) and I showed him my 320, and he asked if they could substitute a p320

as for the seals....well I doubt the seals switched, I bet someone MADE them switch....remember the military switched from 45 to 9mm? who made that decision? the guys on the front lines? or the pencil pushers in Washington?
    I'm not a fan boy per se, but I did sell a Wilson CQB to fund 5 19's. For me(and I have shot the 320, and owned 226,220,228, 230) the 19 has been the perfect pistol large enough to be a goto, small enough to conceal, as accurate as needed, reliable every time, great support, the list goes on. I currently own more than 10, less than 20 G19's, spare parts to completely restore them, and a literal bushel basket full of mags. I have other handguns, but they are relegated to "salt" guns around the house, or range guns. People have opinions, some based in fact, others based in ?, I use my guns a lot, and hard, my first 19 probably has over 50K through it, my current carry gets at least 50 a week, in the warmer months, I take 2-3 classes, and from what I have witnessed, G19's are King, everything else is an also ran.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Goes back to the G20. You can get barrels for .40, .357sig, 9x19, and 9x25, 38 super. Can't get much more versatile.

This is true. I would LOVE to try some 9x25 dillon, I´ve never shot it but it looks like a hoot --- and it's got to at least approach a real .357 mag numbers (obviously more than the 357Sig does, since it has more case volume)

I don't think the G20 would be very concealable though, and that seemed to be part of the OP's intent?

Most versatile = G20?
    most popular (and perhaps "best" for majority of average-citizen scenarios where a firearm would be needed) = G19?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I shoot all sorts of pistols, some better than others granted but I always go back to my G19 for personal favorite for multi use and CC. If I only kept two pistols they would be my Gen4 G19 and my Python.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    i bouhgt my glock 19 new in 1989 or 1990 for just over $225 best gun i own! never has let me down,a little big to carry,gets a little heavy and can be unconfertable in some chairs(like the ones at church) but a great gun.....i now carry a G43 super nice!

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Just remember ErickW, if you become a Glock owner you'll be chastised. If you become a Sig owner you'll be chastised. Frankly if you become a owner of a firearm that a someone doesn't agree with you'll be chastised. Do some more reviews and then get what you feel comfortable defending your family with. BTW......GLOCK!:cool:

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    The g19 is a compromise. It's large enough to have a full size grip. But you don't have the barrel length, sight radius, or capacity of a full size gun. It's small and light enough to be concealable. But it's not as small or light as some single stack pistols. If you are looking for one gun to do everything, a g19 is a great choice (better than most newer guns IMO because of size and weight, I don't know another striker fired gun that beats it and still gives you a 15 round mag). Jack of all trades, master of none.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2015
    Cincy
    Well I'm not sure why because I've never even wanted to look at them before, but for some reason I just can't get the Glock 19 out of my head right now. I usually carry a Sig 938 and love it. I think I just want something higher capacity that will transition from carry to the nightstand and back and forth. Is this the one? From what I've read, and from friends it seems like the perfect balance. What is everyone's opinion? Do/would you carry one?

NSW is starting to carry them as their standard issue pistol. That should be good enough for all the Timmies to rush out and buy one so that can be operator as f#ck too.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    ^ +1 :laugh:

I got my gen4 G19 about 6 months ago and I am loving it. It was a big transition for me because I went from shooting a really pretty Springfield 1911 with an excellent trigger. After target shooting and training with it for the past few months, I am certain I made the right decision. Smaller, lighter, cheaper ammo, and faster follow-up shots. What is not to like?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The g19 is a compromise. It's large enough to have a full size grip. But you don't have the barrel length, sight radius, or capacity of a full size gun. It's small and light enough to be concealable. But it's not as small or light as some single stack pistols. If you are looking for one gun to do everything, a g19 is a great choice (better than most newer guns IMO because of size and weight, I don't know another striker fired gun that beats it and still gives you a 15 round mag). Jack of all trades, master of none.
    A Beretta 92 is a "full size" gun, yet only holds 15 rounds as standard, as is the P226. The 17 vs. 19 bbl length is less than a half an inch, and I contend that a longer sight radius in a self defense pistol is nearly a moot point! I can also attest to the fact that new shooters tend to shoot the 19 better than the 17, and in general, shoot Glocks better than most other off the shelf duty weapons. This is again, all my opinion, take it for what you will. I decided long ago to invest heavily in the platform, but I also have enough disposable income to switch, IF, something truly better comes along. Truly better is the hard line to cross! Back to sight radius, RMR it, and then the point is even more moot! RMR 19 head shots at 50 yards is becoming the norm. (I've only taken mine to 25, but can leave a full mag "in the black" of a b27 head at a fairly quick rate)

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Just remember ErickW, if you become a Glock owner you'll be chastised. If you become a Sig owner you'll be chastised. Frankly if you become a owner of a firearm that a someone doesn't agree with you'll be chastised. Do some more reviews and then get what you feel comfortable defending your family with. BTW......GLOCK!:cool:

I've no issue with that, I've got Sigs, I don't buy Colt AR's because I feel other brands have caught up and I could care less about the "standard". I buy what I want and like. Aside from valuable input from post like these I really couldn't care less what others think of me!

Top Bottom