is the 5320.20 required for the transport of AOW across state lines??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    also, today, a friend of mine who expects his papers soon for his AOW said he figures he can just break it down into components and drive wherever he wants to go, without any approvals, even if forms are required........thanks in advance....tom

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    also, today, a friend of mine who expects his papers soon for his AOW said he figures he can just break it down into components and drive wherever he wants to go, without any approvals, even if forms are required........thanks in advance....tom
    Nein! Alle Papiere müssen in Ordnung sein! Man darf nie mit verbotenen Waffen zwischen Staaten fahren. Beförderung jener Waffen ohne Erlaubnis des Direktors der BATF ist strengstens verboten!
    :joke:

Found out some years ago that interstate transport of suppressors (AOWs were mentioned but overlooked at the time) did not require a 5320.20.

Someone else might chime in soon to confirm about AOWs.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    5320.20 is only needed for SBR, SBS, MG, & DD. Suppressors and AOW's are exempt. The ATF will still process the form if you submit it with suppressors/aow's on it but it is not a requirement. If you require further proof I believe it is mentioned in the NFA Guide and it also lists right on the 5320.20 form what types of weapons require a 5320.20.

tomaustin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    my friend now says his is actually an SBR, and I handed him the forms. don't know if he knew the difference or was just
    mis-informed about the status......

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    So why are suppressors and AOWs exempt? I'm not complaining, just curious. If anything, it would seem to a gun grabbers logic, regulating things like pen and cane guns from crossing state lines would make sense.

Top Bottom