• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JagsFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Ok, as most know there will be some pending firearm legislation coming up here pretty soon. I know the ban made it through in '94 but could it happen again? After reading though Diane Feinstein's proposed ban, I can honestly say I am scared. After what I would call a semi failed ban the was imposed from '94 to '04, she has refined the law to include almost anything that accepts a magazine. Can this really happen? It almost seems as she is laying out everything in an attempt to allow certain things as somewhat as a "plea bargain". basically, to me, she is doing what used car dealerships; putting a huge number on the table just to let it be bargained down to make it seem fair for both sides. I personally, think this is unacceptable and I have voiced my concern, but what is my voice to these elected officials. The panic buying has cleaned the shelves of the weapons, ammo, and accessories I enjoy collecting and I fear this is going to escalate to a point to where it cannot be obtained.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    well seeings how i just read in a press conference Obama said hes putting his full weight on it, and expects it to pass in the first year, he's banking on it.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    If nothing else, the panic buying has spurred the economy.....:D

In reality, no one knows for sure what sort of back-room deals will be made in our name. I would like to think that it won't happen ( because it would be political suicide to vote for it ), and that prices will end up lower than before it all started ( back-side of the bubble, when supply out-paces demand ). Only time will tell....:twocents:

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    Obama pushed the button on a massive buyout of 556/223 ammo at government contract prices!! We buy from the same places our government does so if they " government" keeps clearing the shelves.... GUN CONTROL IS ALREADY IN PLAY...

ShelbyCo.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2010
    Marietta
    All we can do right now is spread the word! I talk to everyone that will listen about the proposed ban and urge them to write elected officials. Most do when they find out how easy it is to do using the available websites.

JagsFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    I have though of the economy impact this could have, and if the full bill passes. I believe the bill could cut the firearms industry's revenue in half. How many folks will lose their jobs, or even worse. Can we really trust the NRA to get this ship righted, and if not them who can we put our backing behind?

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I think she will push for the most she can get. yet in the end...all this has to pass the Republican controlled house. In the end I don't see any substantial ban getting through the house. There will be a big push and a media campaign this summer to get something done. Obama realizes he has only a short window of time to get this through. Really if he can't get it done in the next year there is no way. Because we will then be looking at the midterm elections.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    At this point I want to believe it's all smoke and mirrors to distract the people away from the failure of the State Department, the failure to compromise on the budget talks, poor economic out look for 2013, ect. You know, give the people something else to think about.

I also noticed that the media is covering the "fiscal cliff" the most these days and Sandy Hook is slowly fading to the back pages but then on Sunday Obama brings up gun control as a top priority in the first year of his 2nd term. Well now its back to gun control and and less about the "fiscal cliff" Smoke & mirrors.

Somehow I don't think you can be really serious about any legislation when you put Joe Biden in charge of championing a Dianne Fienstien crafted bill.

No I don't think we will see any meaningful gun control measures until after the 2014 elections. The unbending, non-compromising position of Obama on the budget talks, (the Dems don't want to avert the cliff, they are banking on it) so they can blame the Republicans and the evil rich people for the economic misery they are going to unleash on the people. They and betting that gun control will not pass this year and another mass shooting or 2 will occur which they can again blame on the Republicans for failure to ban those "evil black guns". So really it's all about the 2014 election and the Dems trying to gain control of both houses of Congress and then really begin pushing through their agenda in 2015 & 2016.

Remember the Democratic leadership are smart people that count on the greedy, shortsightedness and stupidity of the majority of their constituents to remain viable.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    We CANNOT become complacent! We need to stand up for our rights and make it crystal clear to our representatives that were not going to back down. We all can take 20 minutes out of our day to fight back. Any legislation they pass will affect us, our children and our grandchildren for years to come!

We need to email, fax, call and write congress and tell them that NO legislation against our rights is acceptable.

The_Possumn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    indy/shakamak
    We need to do what most industries do; have 'our people' write this legislation. While most businesses do this to force out or eliminate competition. I propose that we write a bill that wouldn't change anything, but sounds good to the left. Then if it does pass, we are no worse off.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    My bet is that:

The 30 (and 100) round magazines are going away

3 day waiting periods will be federal law

Mandatory annual training and recertification to own a gun

My question is this: will there be some sort of insurance for gun users the way there is for automobile drivers?

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    After watching Meet The Press and Face The Nation this past Sunday I don't think there will be much of anything happen with this issue in the House or Senate. Most likely current laws will be better enforced than they have been in the past and some sort of background check will be at gun shows / private sales.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    As long as the thought of additional legislation is on the table we HAVE lost! We need to bring the fight to them and make it clear that if they value their jobs they won't touch any of it with a 50-ft pole!

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    This is freaking ridiculous ... I traded for a M1 Carbine 38 years ago that I've never even shot. I wanted it because my father carried on in WWII. Now this crazy Frankenstein woman thinks I'm going to pay BIG money to be able to keep this gun in my gun cabinet. No way ... I'm 59 years old and I've never been in jail or have had a traffic violation. This beach is going to turn me into a criminal :xmad: Not only that I've got a Taurus 9MM PT99 that holds 15 rounds. I suppose she thinks I'm going to pay to be able to keep this gun also. Wonder how many Thugs will register and pay bucks for their weapons.
    These Liberals are the crazy ones

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

Background check of owner and any transferee;
    Type and serial number of the firearm;
    Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
    Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
    Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Obama pushed the button on a massive buyout of 556/223 ammo at government contract prices!! We buy from the same places our government does so if they " government" keeps clearing the shelves.... GUN CONTROL IS ALREADY IN PLAY...

Link?

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    It will happen unless we scram No at the top of our lungs! In 94 people said it wouldnt happen and it did! Contact you representatives and make it known that tyrants will not be taken lightly!

Top Bottom