• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now, once the prices get to be more reasonable, are you planning to stock up? Maybe have at least five or six ARs, a dozen shotguns, 20 or more bolt guns in various calibers. Would not hurt to have a few AKs either.

And then stockpile at least a million rounds of ammo. More if you have the money and storage.

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    So do you think that the Indy show at the end of the month will have lower prices than the Jan show...or do you think the prices will still be higher? Mainly handguns 1911 & 9mm

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, if you can't get ammo, then there is no use for a gun. So, it is logical that some people may be passing on the gun purchase because they are not too convinced that it will do them much good with the ammo situation being what it is.:dunno:

byhova

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    I have some ammo in 9 & 45 (1911) (2 guns I'm wanting to purchase) I've just been buying the ammo whenever I can find it knowing that I will be buying 1 in each of these calibers. So I guess that's why I was asking about prices more on the gun side and not the ammo side.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I still think a lot of sellers haven't heard the message yet. There is no market for used guns at higher than new prices. Check out Armslist. No use buying a gun you can not find ammo for at the moment.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I still think a lot of sellers haven't heard the message yet. There is no market for used guns at higher than new prices. Check out Armslist. No use buying a gun you can not find ammo for at the moment.

Yes, I'm not sure what some of the people on armslist are thinking.
    Maybe they are looking for suckers, or felons who will overpay with no questions asked.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Now, once the prices get to be more reasonable, are you planning to stock up? Maybe have at least five or six ARs, a dozen shotguns, 20 or more bolt guns in various calibers. Would not hurt to have a few AKs either.

And then stockpile at least a million rounds of ammo. More if you have the money and storage.
    Is this a joke, or do you think many of us have that kind of cash to spend in the 2-3 years before the next panic? Boy it would be nice to have a million rounds of ammo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I see this in the classifieds every day. $850 for a used Springer loaded. I walked out the door with a NIB Stainless for less than that. What are these people paying for these guns new????

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I see this in the classifieds every day. $850 for a used Springer loaded. I walked out the door with a NIB Stainless for less than that. What are these people paying for these guns new????

Or folks wanting $50 -70 off what a new glock costs . Or folks trying to hype how "rare" and "hard to find" their POS is without regard for how many hands it's passed through .

No I don't think the market around Indy is getting better yet .

Folks need to STOP buying ANYTHING gun related for a month or so and force the prices back down to normal .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Or folks wanting $50 -70 off what a new glock costs . Or folks trying to hype how "rare" and "hard to find" their POS is without regard for how many hands it's passed through .

No I don't think the market around Indy is getting better yet .

Folks need to STOP buying ANYTHING gun related for a month or so and force the prices back down to normal .

We have actually found some fair deals recently. We have jumped right on them cash in hand. No ammo....we have given away a lot of .22 Lr to youth groups....but some fair deals on 3 1911's and a 930 Mossburg.
    We have sold a few as well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I almost jumped on that 930 but thought it was still too high for a used gun . Glad he made you a good deal on it .

Now if I can find a G 30 SF for a reasonable price . :dunno:

Reality of the deal, That gun was near a virgin. He ran some 2 3/4" trap loads through it. Maybe 12 rds. Gun is LNIB. Came with a nice soft case and he made me a smoking deal on 240 rds of the trap loads he had left.
    I left him and went up the road, met Tom1024 (?) and picked up a nice trap launcher for a more than fair price. A good morning all around.
    I have been looking everywhere for another 930. Kust missed 2 recently so I jumped on that one.

BaseDeltaZero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    South Bend
    I have started to see rifles falling in price at Midwest Gun Exchange by hundreds of dollars. I have been seeing .40 and .223 on shelves at Meijer, Dunhams, and Dicks in the area too.

Top Bottom