• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    I drove almost 2 hours to go to it yesterday. While it is a nice show with lots of tables, I didn't see any stellar deals. Prices were about the same as mail order. Plus it was really crowded. I hate crowds.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    In a word ....... no. Was there Friday before the crush of people but by 5 it was PACKED. Prices for anything I was interested in was 5-10% higher than online even with shipping and a transfer fee.

I enjoyed it because it was a 20 min drive but 3 hours, no freaking way!

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Has he ever been before? If not, it is likely the largest gunshow he will ever attend. It was crowded again today.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    In a word ....... no. Was there Friday before the crush of people but by 5 it was PACKED. Prices for anything I was interested in was 5-10% higher than online even with shipping and a transfer fee.

I enjoyed it because it was a 20 min drive but 3 hours, no freaking way!
    :+1:

No way.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    A good gunshop would be better than what happened today, Way Way overcrowded and the $10 entrance fee is too much, I'm probably going to opt out for a while

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    3hr drive? Only unless you really needed to lay your hands on a lot of firearms to make a purchase decision. Then go buy at a gun shop. Very crowded, but there were deals to be had. Like the guy against the wall in the room all the way to the left with the used Springfield 1911, fresh from the SA custom shop. Adj. trigger, mag funnel, etc. $450. He also had a Desert Eagle in .357 with 6 mags in the box for $600. Both where in VG condition. I couldn't believe the Springfield was still there when I left. If I didn't buy an Automag, I would have left with it! :D

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I went two years ago. Not worth an hour drive.

I spent $3.00 to park and $8.00 or $10.00 to get in, walked though crowds to view overpriced guns, and left after buying a pound of powder for $8.00. If I would have gone to my local gunstore (PSS) I could have gotten the same powder for the same price and still had the rest of my money. They only redeeming thing was looking at the antique firearms on display.

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    The show is actually being held five times this year:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]January 15th-16th-17th[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]March 19th-20th-21st[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] June 4th-5th-6th[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 27th-28th-29th[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 22nd-23rd-24th[/FONT]
    That's a long drive. You might want to shoot for another date this year, and wrap some other Indianapolis related activities in.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Since if you have a dealer you can work with you can get all firearms over the net, and ammo direct to your door, the $10 entry plus $3 parking plus 6 hours on the road and related fuel costs is not really worth it unless you just want to see a large expensive gun, knife, and other stuff (was going to say junk but it is not all junk) show. I personally wouldn't drive that far.

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Well my b/f was whinning about not going to the gun show in Indy today so i was wondering if it would be worth the 3 hr drive to go tomarrow (sunday)?
    FIRST, There is NO whinning in gun show ediquite. All you gals should love the fact b/f is out of the house for six hours, No football tv,no belly bust'in burps, only hours of tear-jerking LIFESTYLE TV. Go to Home Depot, load up on home project stuff and leave it on his side of the bed.
    Guess it depends on what "worth-it" means.:evilangel:

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    worth the 20 min drive i made? sure. 3 hours, heck no. Unless your planning on buying some stuff, or lots of stuff, at the normal price you would find it anywhere else, its not worth it. It was very crowded today and i only stayed like 2 hours.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    It's really not worth the 25 minute drive. My wife and I go there to chat with people, and maybe?????? see something we haven't seen before. I guess I'm disappointed at the same old stuff in regards to accessories. They need to call it the AR15 show, as everybody is concentrating on black rifles and accessories. I went this year to see if I could take a look in person at a DNZ scope mount for a particular rifle, but to no avail. I guess I'll have to order them in and take the chance on not paying a restocking fee. It probably won't be until next fall or winter until our next show, so we'll give it a break for the next two or three.

swbster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I took my boys and we had a great time. Yeah it was a 45 minute drive and the fee to park and enter but going around and sharing my knowledge(or asking the stupid questions) is priceless to me. I feel fortunate that these sorts of gathering are still possible - I am not sure they will always be "allowed". Just my thoughts.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I have always enjoyed going to the shows, either side of the table for me, I actually miss being in the Aisles at times but not in the madness today there were a lot of ruffled feathers out there.
    Sundays have a tendency to quiet down relatively early its not a rule of thumb but more often than not the case.
    Three hours, meh it depends on you really I guess. I have friends that come down from Merrilville and Hobart area every show and enjoy the heck out of it, but there folks that live just around the corner that consider it a waste of time.

Top Bottom