• Is The Left/Right Divide Bridgeable?

• Total voters

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “What are the lessons for America? The Democratic Party is following in the footsteps of China in the sense that it craves totalitarian power—all Leftists do. And if it gets it, it will do the same thing to America that totalitarian power always does—eventually stifle necessary freedoms and crush the country.“

‘First of all, in order to secure that power, Democrats, if necessary, would cause a civil war. There was a civil war in China before Mao Zedong came to power, as many Chinese did not want communist/totalitarian rule. Those who opposed Mao lost that war and fled to Taiwan. There was also a civil war in Russia during the communist takeover of 197-21. American patriots will not tolerate a total takeover by Democratic Party totalitarian megalomaniacs, and Joe Biden has already threatened to use F16s against those who oppose him. Democrats are currently doing all they can to drive out, or discourage, American patriots from joining the military, hoping to turn it into a Leftist entity that will obey any orders. Obviously, freedom-loving Americans will fight to save their country. Who would win such a war is a subject for interesting analysis. I’ll leave it to readers to do that.”

“If the Democrats do conquer, they would attempt, as quickly as possible, to solidify as much power in their hands as they can get. The courts and Congress would rubber stamp anything the party does. They might even abolish the Republican Party as one-party states always do, but it would take some time—as it is with Xi’s policies in Chinese provinces—for the Democrats’ policies the filter down to the local level. Those who still oppose would end up in “re-education camps” (Hillary Clinton has already said we need to “deprogram” Trump supporters), or have their guts ripped out like China is doing. But, like all freedom-denying totalitarian regimes, it won’t last for long.”

“It could never happen in America!” you say? Why not? Every sign in the Democratic Party now is pointing in that direction. The only questions are, can it be stopped? And how?”

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Sure can’t. Takes a lot more work and money than most are willing to spend, they prefer to just vote and complain on the internet, that is way easier…
    Shouldn’t be required to spend money for proper representation in a republic. Actually should be illegal to spend money for politics.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Shouldn’t be required to spend money for proper representation in a republic. Actually should be illegal to spend money for politics.
    You can get that in Russia among other places. You don’t believe in free speech? You don’t believe in freedom in general? Otherwise everyone needs to make their best case as to who they want representing them as do the candidates themselves. How do you do that without money?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Spending money is not free speech. Donations to a candidate is not free speech. You want to talk on behalf of a candidate you like? That’s free speech. Individuals want to spend money independently to make signs, pay for ads, rent time on tv/radio to speak about your preferred candidate? That’s free speech. Take the ability for candidates to directly receive money from others away. Make them spend their own money.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Spending money is not free speech. Donations to a candidate is not free speech. You want to talk on behalf of a candidate you like? That’s free speech. Individuals want to spend money independently to make signs, pay for ads, rent time on tv/radio to speak about your preferred candidate? That’s free speech. Take the ability for candidates to directly receive money from others away. Make them spend their own money.
    I mostly agree. I think it’s fine to donate what you want up to a point. Otherwise wealthy people will have a disproportionate say in policy because they can afford to buy politicians. That’s what made us effectively an oligarchy.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Spending money is not free speech. Donations to a candidate is not free speech.
    Then get SCOTUS to change their rulings otherwise it is the law of the land. Association includes funding of the speech and candidates I want to support.

Take the ability for candidates to directly receive money from others away. Make them spend their own money.

I mostly agree. I think it’s fine to donate what you want up to a point. Otherwise wealthy people will have a disproportionate say in policy because they can afford to buy politicians. That’s what made us effectively an oligarchy.

They did that with “campaign finance” back in the late 70’s and early 80’s. It was rigged for the rich but you guys cannot see it. Now we have all the dark money, PAC money, and bundlers money, that I suspect much of comes from foreign sources. The only restriction on the people funding campaigns should be complete and IMMEDIATE disclosure, and I mean IMMEDIATE, better be disclosed before deposit, or it goes to the general fund.

Unconstitutional campaign finance made us an oligarchy…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Then get SCOTUS to change their rulings otherwise it is the law of the land. Association includes funding of the speech and candidates I want to support.

They did that with “campaign finance” back in the late 70’s and early 80’s. It was rigged for the rich but you guys cannot see it. Now we have all the dark money, PAC money, and bundlers money, that I suspect much of comes from foreign sources. The only restriction on the people funding campaigns should be complete and IMMEDIATE disclosure, and I mean IMMEDIATE, better be disclosed before deposit, or it goes to the general fund.

Here us where that money flows when you cannot just give it to a candidate in unlimited amounts…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I agree about the campaign finance laws. But, we were an oligarchy before that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Col Jeff Cooper explains how to deal with evil men who 'can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with'

Top Bottom