Is the money you spend on a SIG worth it?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am prepared for the uproar this topic is going to start but i want to hear everyones honest opinion. I really would like to know if Sigs are worth the big price tag. They are beautiful guns, yes i agree on that. But are they expensive just because of the name? Like if you are buying clothing, for example, you can buy the same exact shirt but pay more for one because it has a nike logo on it. I also was talking to one of my good friends on our local police department and he told me that they switched from sig because of reliability issues that they were having with the P226 and P229. I have also sat in on board meetings over this discussion and they have decided to switch to M&Ps over the sigs because of reliability. Let me know what you guys think.

Most PD's don't shoot their firearms nearly enough to be proficient with them much less to really experience major reliability issues, every single manufacturer at some point experience issue regardless of how reliable their products have been in the past. SIG is used by many military and LE units around the world with success and we don't hear or see any concrete evidence of issues, as far are they worth it? It is personal preference and you will get a lot of different opinions but the real question how much is your safety worth?.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I own a Sig SP2022 and absolutely feel the price was worth it. Wait for Black Friday and see if a Sig you like goes on sale somewhere. I have a suppressor for mine and it's the quietest pistol I've ever heard.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    are they worth it? hum....is anything you buy really "worth it?"....is a ferarri worth more than a ford?, is a zero tolerance knife worth more than a mtech knife?

imho yes they are worth the cost!, I own 6 sigs(out of 12 handguns) and every time I think of selling a gun, its never one of the sigs!

if you're on the fence about buying a sig, I highly recommend NOT shooting one....cause if you do, you'll buy one!

Hellhound1055

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2015
    Indianapolis
    would you guys use a sig as an EDC? im sure you can notice the extra weight with it being a full metal frame...?

I plan on carrying mine as an edc, hopefully will be getting my permit over the next break I'm home from college. also plan on carrying at least one back up mag with it as well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My main EDC used to be my M11-A1. Recently I have been carrying my P320 instead. Just a little bit lighter, making it easier to carry.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Yes and no. They work, they work very well. But for me it's a training issue. I don't want to spend the time learning to be proficient with a DA/SA trigger when I normally carry a glock.

Dkamm23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Osceola
    do you notice the consistency of a great firearm in their compact models as well? or do they focus more on their full size and colt models?

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Id say yes I love my 226. I agree with the comment about the finish though. shows scratches easily but a scratch doesn't effect reliability and function and in my opinion thats what your paying for in the first place a reliable well built quality handgun. Id buy another tomorrow if I had the money. Will be more in my future and I don't plan on ever selling my 226.

If I had to only buy one brand for the rest of my life I would have no hesitation in buying sig..

Dkamm23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Osceola
    is there a different finish you could get? not that scratches are a problem but is there another option or a custom option?

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    is there a different finish you could get? not that scratches are a problem but is there another option or a custom option?

you could get it cerakoted to whatever color/pattern you want just have to pay for it. Also sig offers a tan finish on their scorpion models But I don't own one so im not sure if that finish scratches as easily as the nitron. Some models also come in a stainless configuration if you like stainless guns that might be a good option as well, a bit pricier though if I remember right.

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    I own a Sig SP2022 and absolutely feel the price was worth it. Wait for Black Friday and see if a Sig you like goes on sale somewhere. I have a suppressor for mine and it's the quietest pistol I've ever heard.

I agree,the price was very reasonable for them new.People try to see them used for the price of a new one. The only upgrade I would suggest is the guide rod.Mine started having small chunks missing after 500 rounds and it is a cheap upgrade that is worth it. I'm not to much on "plastic" guns but the 2022 was a good deal for a very reliable firearm. I have carried mine a few times but ended up with a smaller gun,A Star 9mm that I was carrying,but I trust the 2022 for a carry gun if it wasn't so big.

Dkamm23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Osceola
    i think ill pass on the hipoints lol. I have not owned a sig yet, only shot one. im trying to figure out if it would be worth it for me to invest in one. but i dont carry full size and i dont like the 380 round

Top Bottom