• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    I just bought a gen 4 G19 today because i like them, i havent shot it yet but im pretty confident that it will work fine. i think gen 4s just need a little break in period. if you have one and are happy with it please tell me about it.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    ^^^^ this

hopefully your not trying to convince youself and you are actually happy with it.

i have a gen3 rtf and i personally would not get a 4 based on what i've seen and the new features.

thats me personally though.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have all gen 3 g19s because I don't care for the gen 4 grip but aside from that, I'd be very confident in the gen 4. Relax and be happy with what cha got. Don't sweat it.

At the end of the day, it's a Glock.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Early G22 Gen.4

Gen.4 G22 for a little over a year now (picked up Labor Day 2010). 5138 rounds of various brands and types of ammunition downrange as of yesterday with not a single problem of any type ever. 500 rounds with a TLR-1 tac-light mounted on it too. Mine is one of the earlier ones with a build date of 04/2010 which are supposedly the ones people have had problems with. This has not been my experience however, it has been every bit as reliable as my Gen.3's which is to say flawless. :)

MyG22withTLR-1005.jpg

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i have a gen 4 17 and love it. The stipling on the grip is reason enough to buy a Gen 4 over a Gen 3 imo.

I have had zero issues with mine and routinely carry it

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    My department had switched to the gen 4 22 over a year ago. I believe we were one of the first to do so. So far we have had no issues with them at all. As far as myself, I prefer the grip of the gen 4 over the gen 3. A gen 3 points a tad high for me, while the gen 4 with no backstrap is perfect. Other guys prefer the large backstrap. Nice to have the option.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Prior to gen 4, had never owned a Glock because I didn't like the grip. Tried a gen 4 (model 17), and I'm quite happy with it. Now also have a 26 - no issues. Really like the grip options.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have 6 Gen 3 Glocks and recently purchased my 1st Gen 4, a Glock 26. I really the changes they made with the back straps and especially the larger mag release button which I wish my Gen 3 Glocks had. The grip texture is very different from the Gen 3 and is really the only thing that took a bit to get used to. When I buy another Glock it'll be a Gen 4.

Now go shoot that thing with confidence!

superblade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    For a long time I resisted buying a Glock until a gen 4 22 crossed my path at the right time and price.Fits my hand like a glove and shoots very well.So far only a couple of hundred rounds down range and no problems.Now I know what my friends were going on about for so long...Now thinking of getting the compact version for cc as the 22 seems somewhat big for that.

harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Thanks for all the comments. I went and shot 250 rounds of remington umc 9mm through it today and i did have 4 malfuctions wich were all instances were the spent case didnt make it all the way out( stove pipes) but i think the gen 4s just need a little breaking in.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I personally like the grip/texture of the gen 3 better. The only features I want on my gen 3 from the gen 4 is the larger mag release, and possibly the back straps just for the ability to change if I wanted to. When i pick up a new Glock for range use only it will be a Gen 4.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I had a LOT of extraction and ejection problems with my G22. I didn't wait for it to "break in". I just sold it after about 700 rounds to a friend who knew what he was getting and thought he could fix it.
    I've never had a Glock, Sig, or anything else that has had as many problems as this gun did.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Sounds like buyers remorse... should have asked this before the buy.

Good point :)

Yes they need to break in and yes I like mine (17) after I received the new spring from them. At first not no much, but very happy now. My friend has a 23 that he loves and didn't have the issues mine did.

Top Bottom